Problems with Recovery on Mi10

Jonkree

Members
May 5, 2014
Hi everyone.

I have a problem with my Mi10 and the recovery. I can't boot manually into the recovery (power+vol up) or via the updater app. It goes directly to the "fastboot mode" screen, which doesn't seem to work properly.
On this screen I can flash twrp recovery, but after this I neither can boot into it (power+vol up), because it goes directly to this fastboot mode screen, or boot into twrp with fastboot boot twrp.img.
I can boot into the img with the command when I manually go into fastboot mode with power+vol down. Once in there I can boot back into the system and my phone works again, but rebooting into recovery still throws me into the "broken" fastboot mode.
Somehow it doesn't seem to stick when I fastboot flash recovery twrp.img. Can someone help me out?

I am on xiaomi.eu stable 12.5.3.0 and I came directly from 12.0.8.0, because I use dual apps and this was the last version that didn't have problems with them. I updated around 4 weeks ago and never had any problems with rebooting the system, but apparently I never tried booting into recovery afterwards.

Edit: found this https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-10-umi-cannot-boot-in-twrp-recovery.58339/#post-572380
Edit2: Didn't help, made it worse. Can't access internal storage and have to reflash everything. Again...

Last edited:
Reactions: maruf_666
Thanks, I will try it once I have everything back where I want it.

Edit: It worked! Thank you a lot!

Last edited:
Hello,

Here is the latest TWRP for Mi 10 (umi) => https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693755565

If you can't decrypt /data partition with this new TWRP, you sadly have to do a clean install (= "Format Data" button in "Wipe" menu) first then everything should be fine.

;)
the umi my sons is running 12.2.7 stable genuine... after flashing twrp is gone, i can flash latest, but booting is impossible... i get few seconds teamwin screen and then it reboots to system. Older ones do, but cant flash magisk.. it freezes and reboots to system?.