Quick Question about Updating the EU Rom

unzeunze

Members
Feb 16, 2019
hey guys,

so i want to update the eu rom on my phone and i have noticed i cant do it with the updater and have to do it kinda the same way as i have installed the rom itself.

now i dont want to make the mistake by updating my phone and also erase everything on it, like a new installation, can anyone give me a quick headsup on what i
have to keep in mind or a quick step guide on how to just update it without erasing/resetting everything?

appreciate every help, thanks in advance

Have you received the update file OTA? I also had to find out that the xiaomi.eu ROM updates come in big zip files which are then installed via TWRP. The updates are being downloaded by the updater app though and that bit worries me, since you do not seem to have received the OTA update via the updater system app...

I had no data losses due to the updates, but YMMV as the saying goes.

I can't download anything via the updater. And could you clarify what OTA is?
Do you maybe have any idea how to activate the updating through the updater?
Thanks for the answer!

I can't download anything via the updater. And could you clarify what OTA is?
Do you maybe have any idea how to activate the updating through the updater?
Thanks for the answer!

OTA is the TLA for "over the air", you should be automatically notified by the updater app that an update is available. The system updater app downloads the required files and then recommends to restart the phone, rebooting into TWRP and installing the update there. Of course, you should never interrupt the process...

It says there is a newer version, but when I press the update button it says that I already have the most recent version

It says there is a newer version, but when I press the update button it says that I already have the most recent version

Sorry, I have no idea how to fix that. Maybe you should report this as a bug then, I am sure Team Xiaomi.eu will find a solution for your update issue!

1. Download the ROM from the file location as per the weekly ROM updates directly to your device storage.
  2. Go to the settings/system update section and click on "reboot to recovery"
  3. Install the latest ROM from recovery
  4. Wipe Dalvik

That's it!