Redmi 4 Pro On Xiaomi.eu V8.2.1.0

Anyone who has installed the latest stable rom, kindly give your feedback....
Is there any battery drain bug?
The microphone sound bug?
Any other bug?

You don't need to reinstall all apps if you wipe just cache and dalvik cache
emoji6.png
. Only if you make a factory reset you have to do that. Usually, if you don't change developer branch (example from Dev ROM to Stable ROM) for upgrade you have to make just that two wipes.

GRANDE!

You are rigth...In fact I perform a wipe data also when I installed for the first time the STABLE from a DEV realese. I'll update the ROM. Thank you very much.

Reactions: UnderTheGun
I tried to unlock my redmi 4 prime with global stable rom 8.2.1.0 to install the stable xiaomi.eu rom and couldn't finish the unlock (unlock process stopped at 50% - couldn't verify phone). i read in other forum that I have to factory reset the phone and first skip the miui account sign in, have anybody a faster method or is it the only method? regards

I tried to unlock my redmi 4 prime with global stable rom 8.2.1.0 to install the stable xiaomi.eu rom and couldn't finish the unlock (unlock process stopped at 50% - couldn't verify phone). i read in other forum that I have to factory reset the phone and first skip the miui account sign in, have anybody a faster method or is it the only method? regards
There is an unofficial method for unlock bootloader, but I suggest you the official way.

Anyway here the unofficial guide: http://en.miui.com/thread-490937-1-1.html

I have had the same troubles more than 10 days.. I used to try more than 10 times everyday. I was almost in a situation to dismantle phone to enter EDL mode and apply unofficial Unlock method.
Finally, one day, it is unlocked, though I did not do anything different.

So I may suggest you a little more patient and to keep on trying..

Last edited:
On eu rom 8.2.1.0, can't adjust sleep inactivity timeout. Always goes back to 30 seconds. Anyone else observed this?

@shamllakn You can use Updater app to reboot in to recovery. Open the app and click on the three dots on the upper right: boot to recovery. If you have Xposed you can also use addons like Xmiui o Miui tweaks to activate advanced power off menu.

Okay ...
I flashed this ROM (globeROM_v8_markw_V8.2.1.0.MBECNDL)
Using TWRP ...
Everything seemed to be fine ....:)

When i tried Recovery Mode (volume up + Power button) ....
Phone never boots into TWRP ...
:mad:

Then, i tried this method (Redmi 4 Prime Unofficial bypassing locked bootloader) ...
Still, i cant get into Recovery Mode using (volume up + Power button)

But .... using (volume up + volume down + Power button) ... Phone boots into recover mode:D

Anyone faced this ?!!:confused:
I upgraded from eu rom V8.1.3.0 to eu rom V8.2.1.0 using twrp by booting to recovery using updater app. V8.2.1.0 seemed great but some apps were not working right so I went back to V8.1.3.0 by restoring twrp backup which was successful. Then I noticed that I could no longer boot to twrp recovery either by updater app or by volume up + power button. I thought I lost twrp until I tried what you did: volume up + volume down + power.

I found 2 problem in this version:

1. Scanner app isn't working. Showing "can't connect to camera" error while in scanner app.
2. Same error restricting me from using *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* app to take 360 degree photos. While other users with official ROM saying they are fine with camera.

I did a clean install in TWRP. Clear cache, dalvik, data, system etc. as usual. What to do now?

I found 2 problem in this version:

1. Scanner app isn't working. Showing "can't connect to camera" error while in scanner app.
2. Same error restricting me from using *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* app to take 360 degree photos. While other users with official ROM saying they are fine with camera.

I did a clean install in TWRP. Clear cache, dalvik, data, system etc. as usual. What to do now?

I have the same firmware and also the first bug (scanner doesn't working), I haven't tried *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*, so I can't confirm the second.
I have another bug, today I was chatting on whatsapp with my friend and I wanted to take a picture and send it him, but I only managed to press the shutter button. It was not possible to send him the photo, and I haven't found the photo on gallery.
I had to go out from whatsapp, shot the picture with camera, then get back in whatsapp and send him. Of course all my whatsapp permissions are enabled.
Does anyone else have this problem?
I forgot to say that my smartphone is rooted.

I have the same firmware and also the first bug (scanner doesn't working), I haven't tried *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*, so I can't confirm the second.
I have another bug, today I was chatting on whatsapp with my friend and I wanted to take a picture and send it him, but I only managed to press the shutter button. It was not possible to send him the photo, and I haven't found the photo on gallery.
I had to go out from whatsapp, shot the picture with camera, then get back in whatsapp and send him. Of course all my whatsapp permissions are enabled.
Does anyone else have this problem?
I forgot to say that my smartphone is rooted.

Strange bug. Here I have no issue, rooted phone.