Redmi 5 slowdown and slow screen response

Gaboros

Members
Jul 19, 2012
I have a Redmi 5 phone. I had Global Stable ROM than switched to EU Beta. Currently on 8.7.19. I had a problem on both ROM. Randomly my phone slowdowns. Or at least the screen I don't know exactly. I have to press the screen harder and the response can take 1-2 seconds. Locking and unlocking the phone solves it. What can I do to solve this problem?

Reactions: art_b
OK! I'm pretty sure now it's a hardware issue! Flashed TWRP recovery which also had screen freeze problems!!!!!
Than flashed an old firmware 9.2 something and flashed LineageOS over it. Guess what? SCREEN FREEZE!!! It can only mean one thing: it's a hardware issue. It's also explains why they ignore it: because they don't want to admit it! And because this much people has this problem we can say Redmi 5 is a FAILED PRODUCT. Xiaomi should call back this devices and give back my money immediately. But I think we are just ****. They will not care about it. Maybe only the service center can do something about it but it's a long and unnecessarily procedure. I think best option is to sell the phone and NEVER buy Xiaomi again and to stop recommend to anyone to buy it.

{:m016:} {:m016:} {:m016:} {:m016:} {:m016:}

BUG report: http://en.miui.com/thread-3446668-1-1.html

Hi, i speak spanish, my english is so bad, but i want to answer you about your problem with redmi 5, did you resolved it?