New Redmi K20/Mi 9T: Battery optimization and Screen Recorder bug

blackcomb

Members
May 16, 2021
Hello guys, i'm using the latest stable version of Xiaomi.eu MIUI (V12.1.2.0.RFJCNXM) on my Xiaomi Mi 9T and I just want to tell that I have found 2 bugs at the moment:

1. Battery optimization: I've installed some apps which requiere having battery optimization turned off ("don't optimize"). I think there is a bug because after doing all that and restarting my phone, they turn back to "optimize". (Edit: It is not a bug, thought that it was but it is a ROM setting)

2. Screen recording: I was trying right now like some minutes ago to record the screen of my phone. It goes well till I finish recording. The videos aren't saved and they do not appear on the Screen Recorder app either. I guess it is another bug.

That's all I have found at the moment :)

Last edited:
Reactions: LoneFox
Hello guys, i'm using the latest stable version of Xiaomi.eu MIUI (V12.1.2.0.RFJCNXM) on my Xiaomi Mi 9T and I just want to tell that I have found 2 bugs at the moment:

1. Battery optimization: I've installed some apps which requiere having battery optimization turned off ("don't optimize"). I think there is a bug because after doing all that and restarting my phone, they turn back to "optimize".

2. Screen recording: I was trying right now like about some minutes ago to record the screen of my phone. It goes well till I finish recording. The videos aren't saved and on the Screen Recording app they do not appear either. I guess it is another bug.

That's all I have found at the moment :)
1 this not EU rom bug! It is made to avoid people misleading in settings.
If you want to trip optimization better to come back to stock rom or else AOSP custom.
More details about via the search box.
2 Don't know..sorry

Oh okay, I thought it was a bug, thanks!
Thank God I found this thread before creating a new one. I can confirm the second issue, recording works as normal but they're not saved anywhere, clicking the floating thumbnail after a recording session has finished also does nothing.
I don't know about the first issue, I usually don't mess with battery optimizations but one thing I've been experiencing is overly aggressive ram management, this did not happen in any of the global official releases (latest being 12.0.5) one example I was trying to record (and faced the recording bug, sad) is that closing an app from recents does not behave as usual, instead of just clearing the main process it kills the app, this makes subsequent app launches really slow, like REALLY SLOW. Eg: open chrome, clear it from recents, open it again right after that, CHROME TAKES FROM 3-5 SECONDS TO OPEN. Basically you can't take any app from recents without facing this issue, in other words you cannot clear your recents unless you want all your apps to take up to 5s to launch EVERY TIME.
And no, locking it in recents is not a solution, is a workaround, I've been trying to find if the weekly releases have this issue or not if they do I might end up rolling back to 12.0.5 or if it's a xiaomi.eu issue end up reinstalling the stock ROM