Redmi Note 4 Roaming Icon

Lono74

Members
Sep 23, 2016
Hello,
I know this is a known problem but I think it is a ROM issue that could be solved.
I am a RN4 user and I have a MVNO network. I live in Switzerland.
As I am using a MVNO using another Network my phone always displays R roaming icon. My phone thinks to be abroad as I am not. Of course this is not a major problem but when I try to use my TV application for Switzerland my phone says that I am not allowed to use this app because I am out of Switzerland and this is for the TV Rights authors... So this roaming problem is a problem finally.
And before I had a xiaomi redmi hongmi 2 with the xiaomi.eu ROM and I didn't have this problem and now I have again the ROM Xiaomi.eu and I have this problem, so my conclusion is that is a ROM issue... isn't it ?
I have the ROM verssion is xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote4_6.10.27_v8-6.0.zip
So please developers could you do something for this issue ??
Thank you very much
Regards

Reactions: Teeman and Edgar62
I have a similar issue (Germany). For most of the time, I have a standard connection with my MVNO, but sometimes, few times per day, I have a roaming connection. Does any of you have a solution for this problem? I will be grateful for any solution or hint.

Reactions: Teeman
Hello VerTislav,

Many of us have this problem but most of people think it is because of the MVNO operator. In fact it is not, the solution is easier for customize in ROM than to ask to the Network Operator to change his network name :)
And as I told in my last post, with another Xiaomi ROM it works perfect.
Our only chance to solve this problem is to wait that Xiaomi.eu ROM developers do something for that point.
Each week I update the ROM to see if there is any change/update about that point but until now still nothing ...unfortunately :-(

Reactions: VerTislav
Hi, Lono74,

As I thought, the best solution will be waiting for the ROM update. :) In general, it is not a very big issue, but from time to time I need to change manually my network, which is a bit annoying. In worst case I will buy a second SIM card and will have two numbers. :D

Greetings!

Yep it is a solution to have 2 SIM cards, I also thought same :) but with an RMN4 you cannot put 2 SIM and a memory card in same time :-(
I also think it is not a big issue but we have to wait and you are more lucky than me because mine is always in Roaming mode not only time to time .... I really hope they will do something for that ..
Is your MVNO Lycamobile ?

I have AldiTalk, which is Medion Mobile. Lack of SD card for me it is not an issue (yet) because I have my phone since Friday, thus I have a lot of free space on it (64 GB version). :)

Ok :)
We also have in Switzerland Aldi mobile ...so thanks for the test I think it is same problem also here for Aldi Mobile ....
Then, at this moment we will wait hoping that one developer will read our threads :))
See u with next update :)

Hello VerTislav,

Many of us have this problem but most of people think it is because of the MVNO operator. In fact it is not, the solution is easier for customize in ROM than to ask to the Network Operator to change his network name :)
And as I told in my last post, with another Xiaomi ROM it works perfect.
Our only chance to solve this problem is to wait that Xiaomi.eu ROM developers do something for that point.
Each week I update the ROM to see if there is any change/update about that point but until now still nothing ...unfortunately :-(
Hallo Lono74,
I have same.problem in my redmi mote 4 , my sim from winsim ,drillish, but in top bar apear ,wilkommen 3G, and there no LTE icon , when R roaming apear , apear too data roaming and i cannont use inter , i must change the settings in data roaming ton,always, so I cann use the internet. Is there any update ?!.
I dont have any idea abiut updating the rom and how can i found information about it .
Many thanks

Maybe you can change some setting in Engineering Mode under /Network Selecting
Dial *#*#3646633#*#*

Please be very careful while in those settings & remember what settings were originally there to set back if need be.