redmi note 8 pro

ohh my why .. india rom cn rom global rom realease why eu rom dont have ☹☹☹so sad ...
For multiple reasons, use the search button to get your answers.
You should not have bought a MediaTek device if you expected to use custom ROMs on it.

For multiple reasons, use the search button to get your answers.
You should not have bought a MediaTek device if you expected to use custom ROMs on it.
Here's a thought. Since Xiaomi is increasingly releasing MTK devices, going into flagship territory even, maybe you guys should reconsider this option. Seems like Xiaomi is relying more and more on MTK chips and it's not going to change soon so this translates into a huge percentage of us being left out of the community. Most of us are mature enough to realize the implications and risks of that decision. I've got more than MTK xiaomi device and am more than satisfied with them and it kind of pains me that I have to go with Miuipro as my main custom rom options. Now I got a K30 Ultra because it's an amazing phone and it was a really hard decision because I knew you guys won't give it any love. Cheers

Here's a thought. Since Xiaomi is increasingly releasing MTK devices, going into flagship territory even, maybe you guys should reconsider this option. Seems like Xiaomi is relying more and more on MTK chips and it's not going to change soon so this translates into a huge percentage of us being left out of the community. Most of us are mature enough to realize the implications and risks of that decision. I've got more than MTK xiaomi device and am more than satisfied with them and it kind of pains me that I have to go with Miuipro as my main custom rom options. Now I got a K30 Ultra because it's an amazing phone and it was a really hard decision because I knew you guys won't give it any love. Cheers
OK, send us a device to test on and we'll give this a try. Otherwise, nothing we can do here. We can't blindly release ROMs that won't even boot.

Reactions: Rubensbelloncijr
OK, send us a device to test on and we'll give this a try. Otherwise, nothing we can do here. We can't blindly release ROMs that won't even boot.
OK, fair enough. You're right. No one can release untested ROMs blindly nor should they. If this is the main problem then I'm pretty sure we as a community can find an easy solution. The issue as it was stated initially was that MTK devices are hard to work with and you guys simply refuse to even bother to waste time on them because there was a high risk of bricking the devices. But since then the community has stepped up, preloaders have been released, anti-bricking steps have been put in place and more and more solutions and workarounds are found constantly. As I said, if you follow XDA threads or Miuipro forums you'll see that most of the problems have been ironed out. Now, if you guys create a thread and said, listen, here how things are right now, we as developers are willing to give this a try and spend our precious time to try to make things work for the community, unfortunately we don't have the resources to buy the devices to test them. What we need from the community is to step up and donate devices or the money for the purchase of said devices, I'm pretty sure you're going to have a surprise. You're tone is totally different that what it was 5..6 months ago when the posts were simply "we don't want to do it and we never will". I think this is progress from both sides and we should keep going forward. Cheers

Reactions: nam4lenh
OK, fair enough. You're right. No one can release untested ROMs blindly nor should they. If this is the main problem then I'm pretty sure we as a community can find an easy solution. The issue as it was stated initially was that MTK devices are hard to work with and you guys simply refuse to even bother to waste time on them because there was a high risk of bricking the devices. But since then the community has stepped up, preloaders have been released, anti-bricking steps have been put in place and more and more solutions and workarounds are found constantly. As I said, if you follow XDA threads or Miuipro forums you'll see that most of the problems have been ironed out. Now, if you guys create a thread and said, listen, here how things are right now, we as developers are willing to give this a try and spend our precious time to try to make things work for the community, unfortunately we don't have the resources to buy the devices to test them. What we need from the community is to step up and donate devices or the money for the purchase of said devices, I'm pretty sure you're going to have a surprise. You're tone is totally different that what it was 5..6 months ago when the posts were simply "we don't want to do it and we never will". I think this is progress from both sides and we should keep going forward. Cheers
Problem is - donating money isn't going to work. None of the fundraising platforms support opening fundraisers from our home countries, and those that do are both sketchy and take a huge percentage of the donations, so yeah, money fundraising ain't an option for us...

Reactions: Rubensbelloncijr