Rice Type Missing From Mi Rice Cooker App

Tripton

Members
Dec 5, 2017
So I just got my new Xiaomi Rice Cooker and was very excited to make my first batch of rice .

However, it turned out awfully and it's the worst rice I have ever tried . It looks more like a mash instead of being dry and with grains separated from each other .

Now this may be due to the type of rice but the issue is I don't see any option in my app to chose the rice type, unlike some other users which I have seen in forums or videos .

Any clue why I can't chose the rice type ?

Also, I added 2 portions of water to 1 cup, just like marked on the machine .

Last edited:
I have the same issue, There should be a "rice manager" in the menue but in my app there isn't. Might be an issue of the english language?
Any ideas?

I have the same issue, There should be a "rice manager" in the menue but in my app there isn't. Might be an issue of the english language?
Any ideas?

I don't have the rice cooker, but for example in the Mi Home app, nothing works if you don't set the region to Mainland China.

Just a guess.

Thank you Cobben,
I have experienced this with other Xiaomi devices, thus setting is already at Mainland China and language: English.
Any other ideas?

Thank you Cobben,
I have experienced this with other Xiaomi devices, thus setting is already at Mainland China and language: English.
Any other ideas?

Well, assuming the rice cooker is made only for use within China, is there a facility somewhere for scanning barcodes from Chinese rice bags?

Recall reading somewhere that that was how it worked.

usually, that should be the rice manager in the menu. Unfortunately this is not visible in the app with my settings.

Apparently you have to go fullbore Chinese - language also.

Right now I'm glad I never bought the rice cooker, after the water cooker.
It works fine in English in the Mi Home app.

China is after all the Center of the World.