Rom stabile to rom weekly

Stregatto

Members
Oct 27, 2018
Hello everyone. I have a pocophone f2 pro just purchased with rom eu 12.0.2.0 (QJKEUXM). i would like to switch to the weekly eu. my bootloader is unlocked. can i change rom without installing a twrp? I would like to download the new weekly rom manually from this site and manually install the weekly rom by choosing the update package

Last edited:
I do not think this is possible. You will need to format partitions and this would be done by a twrp install.

Beside this point, make sure to check the limitations of the room. For instance, when I installed the latest weekly, I could not install several apps that declared not to be compatible with that version and GPay would not work because it identified the ROM as altered (SafetyNet related issue).
The latest stable also complains about the SafetyNet, but apps install correctly.
If I understood correctly, the only current way is to also root the image via magisk canary, but rooting the phone is not an option for me.

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

Everything that you will try to do without unlocked bootloader and make any mistake will lead to bricking your phone.. and you will not able to fix it

Sent from my lmi using Tapatalk

Everything that you will try to do without unlocked bootloader and make any mistake will lead to bricking your phone.. and you will not able to fix it

Sent from my lmi using Tapatalk
my bootloader is unlocked ... I would like to avoid installing the new twrp and then format everything

I think this is not possible anyway. Unless you want to install one of the official Xiaomi ROMs through their installation Windows application

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk