Screen Touch + Miui 8 Issues

final.option

Members
Jan 15, 2017
Hi guys.
New here, and have some questions. Hope you can help me.

Got my 3s last year. It's a nice phone, but some things are bugging me.

1) when using the screen, it is very unresponsive. Identifies the attempt to scroll as a click very often. Sometimes I have to touch 2 times to click.
Is this issue known with the device? Or can it be the glass screen protector?

2) miui issues:
The global Rom is OK, but has some annoying things.
- when choosing an app from an app folder, the home button brings me back to the folder, not the home screen.
- the sliders for screen light or speaker volume are not, well, touchable. You have to really slide. Makes choosing a new volume slower.
- when using the "fast buttons" (slide down from the top), I cannot unfold all the buttons with one swipe like in vanilla Android. Always needs 2 swipes. Also, when adjusting the brightness, the fast buttons close afterwards, so setting brightness and Bluetooth for instance I need to pull down the buttons 2 times.
- why is there no fast button for the clock/alarms?
Edit:
And: why do the miui apps need all these special rights? Or, why can't I just use them "offline"? Like, gallery not working if not granting rights to access Internet and whatever else... :(

What I also really miss are back-lit menu buttons. Will the 4s get them?

Ok, all in all its a very good phone, with outstanding battery life!
But these issues are annoying to me, most of course the screen.

Thanks for any help or tips from your side!

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi guys.
Cheers

1. no issues here. So probably your protector (not using any myself)

2. Well those are default MIUI choices, perhaps one could change those by means of Xposed/different launcher but because I don't mind I didn't researched alternatives.

Sent from my Redmi 3S

2, The folder behaviour can be changed by xposed modules, but that needs an unlocked bootloader and root. Of course, you can use another launcher. The other things can not be changed even with exposed as I know.
And the response is probably caused by the glass. I had also some problems with thick cheap screen protector.

Some better glass, or thin screen protector.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

I'm using a protector from Ivoler which I thought was quite good?
Can anyone recommend a brand / model?
Or a good thin foil?

If you think your screen protector is good, there might be also problem with your device.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly I had no problems the one or two days before the use of the glass protection.
So, a small poll:
What screen protection do you guys use with the 3s? (brand/model)

I use Nillkin Tempered Glass, it is not cheap, around 7€. But no issues with touch here. My friend uses a noname tempered glass which costs around 1€, also no issues with touch.

Seems like there are not many 3s users here with screen protection..
But thanks for the answers so far.
I will remove mine and test if it changes the issues.

As for miui - maybe there will be some changes towards a better usability in the future.