Sequence of installing eu rom on brand new mix 4

kwekyx

Members
Apr 30, 2021
Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.

Just got myself the mix 4 and unlocked the bootloader successfully and flashed the latest miui13 via fastboot. No twrp involved and no rooting as well. Just wondering after first boot, will other steps have to be made? i.e. things like formatting the phone and what not?

i have since managed to restore most apps, but having issues with things like sending photos on telegram, using mi back up, and also one of my banking apps dont seem to be working as well.

Would appreciate some help and guidance here if possible. Thanks and happy new year to all!

You've flashed this ROM right? It's fastboot, so the latest weekly or stable has two batch files

- one for brand new / first time
- one for when you're updating

After first boot it might take a while but everything should work

Are you new to MIUI? unlike other Android images Xiaomi devices have opt in permissions. If certain apps aren't working it's worth long pressing on them in the app drawer to give them more permissions.

For example Telegram would need permission to access your local files. It's a fiddly step, but also adds security as you know what every app can do

If you're still having weird issues it might be per app. It might be worth putting the image on again though. It's rare but sometimes I've solved bugs just by flashing the image again.

Funny story, so i backed up my stuff and did a full format. Everything seems fine now! Haha thanks for the advice though!

Reactions: ToneLa