Smart socket with BLE gateway

alcestneige

Members
Jun 30, 2023
Hello, please I would like to ask following. I have two smart sockets with BLE gateway. I have also two BLE smart temperature sensors. Those two sensors in mi app can be discovered under those smart sockets, I see the connection when I go under the smart socket BLE gateway and click on that, those two sensors will show up. And here comes the question. I would like to add an action on those sensors. When the temperature is over let say 26, the smart socket should be switched on. I know how to set this, I have tons off other smart devices from xiaomi, but those are communicating via zigbee. So I set it all as usually, but the smart socket does not react even the temperature is over 30, whereby the limit was set to 26. None of the temperature sensor works with this action and none of the two BLE sockets is switching on.

Therefore the question is, do I need a BLE gateway hub like a standalone device? I have a hub, but it supports only zigbee, its the first hub released by xiaomi. BLE came later.

Actually what Im trying to achieve is, that I plan to buy an BLE water leak sensor and I want to have it connected to one of the BLE smart sockets. But I do not know, if it will communicate, because those two temperature sensors are obviously not communicating with the sockets, so how should I know if the water sensor will?

My guess was, that I would not need any BLE hub and the two BLE devices(sensor,socket) would act as client/server outside of wifi and zigbee, so even when I go into the forest with those two devices, they would work because of the BLE connection.

Can anyone bring some light into this? Thank you