Software Issues And Thoughts

Paul Morabito

Members
Jan 15, 2016
Hi,

I've just received my mipad from GB. I also had a "global" version of MIUI installed but thanks to the info here I managed to get the latest xiaomi.eu working quite quickly.

Have noticed quite a few issues though with the tablet and software version 7.7.6.

1. Security app seems to be missing. Is this intentional?
2. Themes app is installed but I can't see an icon for it hence can't open it.
3. Getting regular issues with the buttons stopping working, sometimes the back lights for them stay on. If I reboot all is ok so am guessing it's a software issue?
4. Likewise, screen sometimes locks and turns off for no reason.

Is there a better more working version I can use while awaiting MIUI 9?

Hardware wise this is a very decent tablet but the software seems to need quite a bit if focus and work.

Thanks

Hi!

I have not encountered the mentioned problems so far.
Ad 1. What security app you mean?
Ad 2. Correct I cannot find it either but it is not really important to me
Ad 3. Unknown to me
Ad 4. Unknown to me

Maybe reinstall the ROM once again. MIUI 9 is not available yet I belief for mipad 3

Hi!

I have not encountered the mentioned problems so far.
Ad 1. What security app you mean?
Ad 2. Correct I cannot find it either but it is not really important to me
Ad 3. Unknown to me
Ad 4. Unknown to me

Maybe reinstall the ROM once again. MIUI 9 is not available yet I belief for mipad 3

1. The app that let's you configure second space, app lock, dual apps and the gaming speed boost.
2. Likewise.

For 3 and 4, disabling double tap to wake and smart unlock seems to have fixed. Perhaps it's buggy still.

I think security center is not present in MiPad, in any MiPad. You can open the Themes app by searching for it in the search bar. You will see the icon and be able to open it. But it is crashing on my MiPad. Got same issue with buttons, they don't light up when I touch the screen, on take time to light up. In Video player buttons are quite slow to respond. I will try to disable tap to wake and smart unlock.