[SOLVED] Prevent System updates being notified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanye

Members
Jul 10, 2022
Hi Everyone - first time poster

I have xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote7_V12.5.3.0.QFGCNXM_v12-10 running on a new Note 7 6GB. I'm delighted with it! You have done a great job of getting everything to work as it should.

I have searched the site and I can't find the answer to my question - is there any way to stop the system looking for and notifying me of any system updates? From my point of view everything works and I don't see myself updating it very soon because this works for me. I'd like to get rid of the update notification at the top of the 'about phone' page completely.

Thanks

shanye

I have xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote7_V12.5.3.0.QFGCNXM_v12-10 running on a new Note 7 6GB. I'm delighted with it! You have done a great job of getting everything to work as it should.

I have searched the site and I can't find the answer to my question - is there any way to stop the system looking for and notifying me of any system updates? From my point of view everything works and I don't see myself updating it very soon because this works for me. I'd like to get rid of the update notification at the top of the 'about phone' page completely.

Thanks

shanye
updater - upper right corner - 3 dots
there you can disable notification

if it is what you are searching for…

Last edited:
Reactions: Shanye
updater - upper right corner - 3 dots
there you can disable notification

if it is what you are searching for…

Thanks for the reply. Tried that and I still get the notification. Maybe the only way to sort it, is to actually update?

EDIT: I bit the bullet and updated. Everything is OK now but it took hours of worry and stress and wiping to get TWRP to work.

Last edited:
Thanks
shanye

In addition to the above, you can also disable the Internet connection of this app from Settings > Apps.

That's the way I have it and I look, from time to time, if there is any news in the xiaomi.eu thread.

Show me a screen of what bothers you.
This is what I see -

It wouldn't bother me but the phone is for my partner and she worries about everything. The problem is that the security app can see there there are updates and it flags them as a 'banking security risk'. Now I know the phone is much safer than the old phone she had which stopped getting updates a few years ago, but she's not convinced.

I have tried hitting the button that should stop the phone from looking for updates, and deleted the downloaded updates twice now, and restarted the phone a couple of times. But the update still gets notified.

Last edited:
This is what I see -

It wouldn't bother me but the phone is for my partner and she worries about everything. The problem is that the security app can see there there are updates and it flags them not being installed as a 'banking security risk'. Now I know the phone is much safer than the old phone she had which stopped getting updates a few years ago, but she's not convinced.

In addition to the above, you can also disable the Internet connection of this app from Settings > Apps.

That's the way I have it and I look, from time to time, if there is any news in the xiaomi.eu thread.
That sounds like a reasonable way to sort it.

Those blue marks as you noticed yourself are related with security app, it is always best to use the last available build when it comes to stable (latest google security patches), so we do not let users to fully disable notifications about new system updates. That is the reason why.

Those blue marks as you noticed yourself are related with security app, it is always best to use the last available build when it comes to stable (latest google security patches), so we do not let users to fully disable notifications about new system updates. That is the reason why.
Yes - this does make a lot of sense. Thanks for your reply!

As it happens I shouldn't have worried - I think the final version is even better than the one before. It seems snappier somehow. I was just anxious because I read others had had problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.