Some General Questions

M. H.

Members
Aug 30, 2016
Hi,

yesterday I was able to successfully unlock, root and install TWRP and xiaomi.eu_multi_HMPro_6.8.25_v8-6.0.zip image on my new Redmi Pro. So far, so good.

But I still do have a few questions:

1. When I flash an new version of the ROM, like 6.9.1, do I have to do a full wipe again or can I install it "onto" the exisiting ROM, like you could do with Cyanogenmod. It would be VERY annoying if I have to restore all my apps with TitaniumBackup again and again? How do you do that?

2. When I boot the Redmi Pro I always get a message about configuring data roaming. Normally it is configured "never" and that is what I want to have it always. Why is the question is coming again on every reboot? Bug?

3. In the top info bar I see an R in a circle which I assume means "Roaming"? It is configured "never" so why do I see the R? Or does it mean something different?

4. How can I set my home screen. On default it is configured on the first left screen. But I want to configure it on the "middle" screen. Is that somehow possible?

Thanks again for any help! :)

Hi,

the question number 4. I was able to find it out for myself: to set the home screen, do a 3 finger pinch wipe/move on the display (set 3 fingers on the screen and move them together to the center). Then you will see all your configured desktops and can set the one desired to your home screen.

Hi Andreas,

thanks for the info. Yes, I am a customer of FONIC/O2. That explains the messages.