Stable ROM install help

grofDespot

Members
Apr 12, 2021
Hello,
I recently bought a Mi 11 Ultra from a guy that got it on TradingShenzhen from an EU warehouse so it came with this ROM, shows up as MIUI V14.0.23.7.31.DEV | Beta by XIAOMI.EU in settings.
As I recently started experiencing issues such as the McDonalds app and Google pay not working I'm looking to update. However, as I am completely new to this, I'm looking for help as in someone walking me through the process. I have no idea how this was installed on here as it came with it so I'm not sure of how to proceed. I'm a software engineer by trade but have little to no experience with this type of work so any help is very appreciated!

Big thanks in advance for anyone that reads this!

Install/Update in TWRP:
Download the Stable ROM (ZIP file) and put it on your phone.
- Reboot the device into recovery/TWRP (Hold volume up + power buttons)
- Enter Password/PIN/Lock Screen Pattern when prompted
- Install the ROM as shown
instalace_ROM.png
- reboot into the system
- done.

Install/update in fastboot:
- Download Xiaomi.eu ROM zip file
- Extract the ROM zip to a new folder
- Power off your device
Boot your device in Fastboot mode (Hold volume down + power buttons)
Connect to PC via USB cable
Run one of the installation scripts (according to your PC operating system):
- update_rom - without data wipe, if you're updating from an older Xiaomi.eu ROM.
fastboot_instalace.png
Done!

Install/Update in TWRP:
Download the Stable ROM (ZIP file) and put it on your phone.
- Reboot the device into recovery/TWRP (Hold volume up + power buttons)
- Enter Password/PIN/Lock Screen Pattern when prompted
- Install the ROM as shown
View attachment 50666
- reboot into the system
- done.

Install/update in fastboot:
- Download Xiaomi.eu ROM zip file
- Extract the ROM zip to a new folder
- Power off your device
Boot your device in Fastboot mode (Hold volume down + power buttons)
Connect to PC via USB cable
Run one of the installation scripts (according to your PC operating system):
- update_rom - without data wipe, if you're updating from an older Xiaomi.eu ROM.
View attachment 50667
Done!
Hey, thanks for the answer!
I have TWRP on my phone and have managed to boot up into it. My question is: since I'm going from a beta ROM to a stable do I need to back up my data and or wipe partitions?

Don't do anything. What do you not understand in that picture?
No, I understand everything in the picture, but the thing that strikes me is this quote from the stable ROMs thread:
Remember:
If you are going from MIUI 14 (or later) Weekly ROM to MIUI 14 Stable ROM, you are doing a downgrade, so format data is mandatory!

- In this case it is not necessary because there is a newer security patch in the Stable ROM.
- If you would still like to do a clean installation, do "Format Data". (your data will be deleted)

Format_Data.png

- In this case it is not necessary because there is a newer security patch in the Stable ROM.
- If you would still like to do a clean installation, do "Format Data". (your data will be deleted)

View attachment 50669
Hello, I tried it as shown, however I got an error: Failed to mount '/system_root', ext, vendor and mi_ext (Invalid argument). Is this because I haven't formatted data?

No, it's a TWRP problem. Can you show a screenshot?
If the installation turned out as a picture (yellow sign) it is fine. You can restart into the system.

Attachments

• chyba.png
    chyba.png
    193.2 KB · Views: 40