Stable version Update

wappazzo

Members
May 25, 2016
Hi I would like to restore my phone. Before I did it I wanted to do it with the next update of my stable. I wanted to ask more or less when the next update comes out?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4X utilizzando Tapatalk

Noone knows, it has never been announced in advance..
Stable ROMs by Xiaomi are used to be released in every 2..3 months.
Then the Xiaomi.EU team should do their magic and release their ROM.

Not a bad decision, tho, if you don't like or use the Xiaomi specific apps and/or services (Mi cloud..) then it's a good choice.
If I were you I would try out at least AOSP Extended (AEX), crDroid, Syberia, ViperOS and Pixel Experience as well (just look around in a fresh ROM.. check their extra settings and features) and then you will know which one you like, which one has the taste you want.
This is Android, you can flash and use whichever you wish - the freedom of choice is always yours.

Lineage extend I have seen that you have to install so many things. Very complicated. I'd be happy to install a MIUI-based ROM that will update more often

you have to install so many things

Not sure what you saw or read, but honestly the only thing you need (beside the ROM and Magisk, I always root my devices..) is the correct GApps zip package fitting your needs. The list of the packages and what are included in each package is available [here]. If your needs are in between two packages - no problem, choose the narrower one and install the missing app(s) from Google Play.

GL;HF ( :

Are you Italian?
They told me to change recovery and also install firmware

No, I am not italian - but thank you for asking.
I agree with what they told you, apparently updating to the latest recovery and using the latest firmware is a good general advice anyway. Not sure what is the actual ROM (and firmware) you are using now but updating to the latest TWRP (or custom recovery like OrangeFox) and using the latest stable firmware is a good starting point before you start your new life with a Treble compatible, Oreo or Pie based ROM after MIUI10.. it can save you from a hell lot of headaches caused by "out-of-date" stuff (like encryption/decryption issues, RIL problems, missing or corrupted IMEIs/WIFI MAC/BT MAC/etc).

Thank you for the advice. You advise me to change ROM? I was fond of MIUI. But if you do not update more I prefer to change.

Since there's still no official announcement about the Mido EOL status from Xiaomi I expect that they will still release ROMs.

I tried, used and tested hell a lot of MIUI based and non-MIUI custom ROMs but I have to tell you that the performance vs. the battery life and the appearance of the Xiaomi.EU MIUI 10 stable ROM is really good for me, totally meets my expectation against the phone, I don't really miss anything from the ROM and it is actually stable (no Wifi drop issues, no cell radio related issues, no apps force closing, no weird behavior experienced by myself, etc). I'm using some tweaks, tho, but those are really easy to apply (with some Magisk Modules (ie. Mido optimized thermal engine and Swap torpedo along with some I/O tweaks in Kernel Adiutor) the system just flies even better - but I have to admit that even the base ROM is also a really good system).

So what I personally advise? Make a list of pros and cons, look around in Youtube and XDA, read the list carefully and decide: will it be measurably better and/or beneficial to worth it? Or do you want to try something new? You desperately looking for novelty because you are bored? :)

You will spend a lot of time to create your recreate your environment again. You will get updates in every one to three weeks normally, with all security patches. Probably you will experience some bugs, just like with the MIUI dev. ROMs. Themes are working differently in custom ROMs, you have to look around to check how it works. All in all: you have to expore them and rebuild your phone - but it will have better battery life for example, for sure, better performance, for sure, more "clean" system.. yes.. but if you think you will miss MIUI after all.. you will have to reinstall everything :D

So.. the security patch level in V10.2.2.0 is 2018-12-01 thus I - personally - expect a new stable version or the EOL announcement sooner or later.. in the near future.. in a month or so.. if I were you and don't miss anything from the ROM (app, setting, feature, etc..) or don't experience any bug that you cannot live with I would stay on V10.2.2.0 and we will see.. either a new update or an EOL announcement will be released we will have the choice to either update our Mido running MIUI to V10.x.y.z or just aboard the train of custom non-MIUI ROMs because we don't have other choice if we want security updates :)

Sorry for the long posts.

I love xiaomi eu, but unfortunately mido is EOL for xiaomi eu.
So I was thinking of trying another custom rom, but before moving on I would like to see some doubts cleared, if you guys can help.
If I install a custom rom, like Pixel Experience or AOSP Extended, if, for some reason, I want to go back to xiaomi eu, do I just flash the rom, with a clean install, or are there further steps needed when coming from a custom rom to xiaomi eu?

Thanks for any advice

I love xiaomi eu, but unfortunately mido is EOL for xiaomi eu.
So I was thinking of trying another custom rom, but before moving on I would like to see some doubts cleared, if you guys can help.
If I install a custom rom, like Pixel Experience or AOSP Extended, if, for some reason, I want to go back to xiaomi eu, do I just flash the rom, with a clean install, or are there further steps needed when coming from a custom rom to xiaomi eu?

Thanks for any advice

I tried first lineageos extended and now syberia. I'm android stock.

I think Pixel Experience CAF version is a excelent choice .
A very clean rom with no customizations. Very fast and fluid.
You have the option to install *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* in this rom too.

Thanks guys, but I'm not asking for roms. I just want to know if I install another rom, if, for som reason, I want to return to xiaomi.eu what are the steps? Do I just need to do a clean install of xiaomi.eu or, because I'm coming from another, one, there are other steps need?

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 4X através do Tapatalk

Last edited:
Miui 10.2 for my note 4x bug . it no deep sleep when i charge . i dont know fix it .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-24-20-02-43-142_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-24-20-02-43-142_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 473