stock camera app dissapointing quality

joseph92346

Members
May 16, 2020
Does anyone know if there is a chance Xiaomi will bring back sharpness/contrast/saturation settings back in the stock camera app?
Since they removed that settings, the photos are basically unusable: muddy, no details, oversharpened and oversaturated.
My only xiaomi phone that still takes good photos is the redmi note 5 pro.

The note 7 pro started taking bad pictures after a recent update, the 8T takes ugly photos and so does the 10 pro.

I tried hard to tweak the config files after rooting the 10pro, install an older xiaomi stock camera app: nothing worked.
The only way to take photos that are watchable is to find a *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* port that kinda works with all the lenses (that is not a real solution since there is always something wrong in these ports, like night photo not working,portrait not working or video not working, and rooting my phone killed google pay, bank apps and netflix)

In the end, I'm back to non rooted - locked.

If there is no solution to have a camera app that doesn't take oversharpened muddy photos and uses all the lenses, it will be time to move on and buy another brand.