SUGGESTION

Is that a good idea?

• Hmm...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alvy200

Members
Jan 30, 2021
When publishing a xiaomi.eu version that includes a newer android version, it might be useful to have an update of twrp that supports that os version inside the zip itself, cause if an older version is installed, during the update data cannot be decrypted and format becomes mandatory.

Last edited:
What?

You don't need to format your data at all, you can use your device without issue even if the currently installed TWRP can not decrypt your data partition. You can just wait for a new TWRP release and even install a new TWRP version by yourself!

If no TWRP version with new data encryption support is available, you can also use USB-OTG device to install ROM update.

And xiaomi.eu ROMs always try to include a working TWRP (encryption support/backup support/etc.) for your device of course. ^^

;)

What?

You don't need to format your data at all, you can use your device without issue even if the currently installed TWRP can not decrypt your data partition. You can just wait for a new TWRP release and even install a new TWRP version by yourself!

If no TWRP version with new data encryption support is available, you can also use USB-OTG device to install ROM update.

And xiaomi.eu ROMs always try to include a working TWRP (encryption support/backup support/etc.) for your device of course. ^^

;)
I tried to install the weekly rom, but it failed decrypting data, and suggested to format and clean flash rom.

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

We usually do include TWRP, like we do for cmi, umi and lmi, for that exact reason.
Sometimes, a compatible TWRP gets released after we released the ROMs with the compatible TWRP release... in that case, we don't include TWRP.
There are instances where multiple TWRP releases are available, in which case we don't want to mess with the user's choice.
But to sum this up, TWRP is not our responsibility. We release ROMs, the user is responsible for updating his TWRP.

I tried to install the weekly rom, but it failed decrypting data, and suggested to format and clean flash rom.

In which case your TWRP doesn't support data decryption for Android 11. There is zero we can do about that. It's not like we have a better TWRP release to offer.

Reactions: dexterv and Poney70
We usually do include TWRP, like we do for cmi, umi and lmi, for that exact reason.
Sometimes, a compatible TWRP gets released after we released the ROMs with the compatible TWRP release... in that case, we don't include TWRP.
There are instances where multiple TWRP releases are available, in which case we don't want to mess with the user's choice.
But to sum this up, TWRP is not our responsibility. We release ROMs, the user is responsible for updating his TWRP.

In which case your TWRP doesn't support data decryption for Android 11. There is zero we can do about that. It's not like we have a better TWRP release to offer.
I had android 10 stable, to update to weekly i had 3.4.0 twrp and had the error. Needed to format and use otg to reflash

I had android 10 stable, to update to weekly i had 3.4.0 twrp and had the error. Needed to format and use otg to reflash

Then I installed 3.5.0 beta twrp

Stable -> Weekly = You have to format data and it has nothing to do with TWRP...

Can u tell me why? I'm curious

I can't answer to this question without being 100% certain but I found that it can be related to the security patch date info in the /system/build.prop file:

In Weekly ROMs by xiaomi.eu, this date info can be older than the real security patch date of the ROM. Why? It's for passing SafetyNet "CTS Profile Match" test.

China Beta ROMs by Xiaomi (Weekly ROMs by xiaomi.eu are based on them) don't pass SafetyNet so xiaomi.eu should must use fingerprint build info & security patch date info from a Stable ROM). :)

And you can't boot to system if you have an older security patch date info than your latest used ROM. ;)

Last edited:
I can't answer to this question without being 100% certain but I found that it can be related to the security patch date info in the /system/build.prop file:

In Weekly ROMs by xiaomi.eu, this date info can be older than the real security patch date of the ROM. Why? It's for passing SafetyNet "CTS Profile Match" test (Beta ROM doesn't pass SafetyNet so you have to use a fingerprint build & security patch date info from a Stable ROM). :)

And you can't boot to system if you use an older security patch date info than your latest used ROM. ;)
Oh got it
Not easy but ok

In Weekly ROMs by xiaomi.eu, this date info can be older than the real security patch date of the ROM. Why? It's for passing SafetyNet "CTS Profile Match" test.

China Beta ROMs by Xiaomi (Weekly ROMs by xiaomi.eu are based on them) don't pass SafetyNet so xiaomi.eu should must use fingerprint build info & security patch date info from a Stable ROM). :)

And you can't boot to system if you have an older security patch date info than your latest used ROM. ;)
That's correct, fingerprint and security patch dates we use for weeklies are usually older so they could pass SafetyNet check.

Reactions: Poney70