Unable To Wipe Data

barczer

Members
Sep 10, 2016
I have problem with wipe data. I install EU ROM but google service didn't work. There is error "Update your google service" or something like that. I can't do wipe data even factory reset.

Sorry for my english it's not very well.

Basically this fone is garbage at upgrading roms vs the note 2. Plus its only got 1 sim.

Personally, this is my last xiaomi phone, had the hongmi, and the note 2 but now- it’s too much trouble now to first guess which one will be popular so there are lots of users and fixes, second if it’s going to upgrade into X android, and third if it’s going to be obsolete within 2 months.

Plus with the time that it takes messing around, bricking your phone, googling obscures fixes- it’s cheaper to buy a nexus phone, get ASOP rooted and be done with it. Because the time that it takes it is better if you are working and getting paid, rather than mucking around with a 300 dollar phone.

This is what I did and it doesn’t work because you don’t get root on this damn EU rom, yes I mean the weekly one doesn’t have ROOT.

What I did:

get the unlock code & software (took 2 days for me)

run that

get chinese dev rom extract it to a folder.

install it via miflash google the forum on how to do that - it’s not at all intuitive (extract rom to folder point it to that).

upon reboot into the rom do all the developer checks- google it.

Drivers for android stink so best to uninstall them with this tool then re-install.

get them from this toolkit below;

wugfresh nexus tool kit

It's great at handling the grunt work of adb commands.

BE CAREFUL SOME OF THE COMMANDS WILL BRICK YOUR FONE.

And some automatic things are meant for nexus’s, so just put what ever nexus phone in setting it up. (see how nice tools are when you buy a quality popular phone)

What the issue is here is that TWRP cannot mount the internal sd to write the files to it. SO you have to work around it.

To know for sure if you have the problem go, advanced > recovery under fastboot flash then pick that twrp img you found and install that. then unplug fone and volume up and pwr. button to boot into recovery (the wug button wont work here) then go advanced in twrp and mount, if internal sd is zero you have an encryption issues that wont let it write to it.

get back to fastboot

in the wug kit> go to advanced then fastboot erase, wipe the userdata, cache and system partitions. Wipe sweat from brow. then fastboot format those same partitions.

now that its empty and clean , NOW you can flash with the EU rom. in pc extract rom to folder, then fast boot flash boot (kernel) with the boot.img, then pick recovery and do that with the TWRP img, then System and pick the system.img

the system one will take 30mins so don't freak out.

after its done it will go back to the fastboot screen, then just hit reboot system on the wug interface.

and it SHOULD take you to the welcome wizard screen.

Make sure you have a bunch of apps open, especially playstore- you are going to need it. Leave them open.

Buy SD MAID PRO and install it with the free version- free won’t work here. In maid’s settings make sure in settings app control you check system settings. This is so you can fix the below errors, when you reboot again after flashing.

Now you have to re-enable the developer options as well as sign in so the mighty xiaomi can see if you are worthy.

Disable the find fone, cloud stuff. Enable the install from unknown sources in privacy as well.

Flashing supersu and gaaps

Double check if you have root from the EU rom, I didn’t so reboot into recovery,

Go advanced, mount, system in the internal sd card.

Then install pick your open gaaps and su that you should already have downloaded

After they are installed wipe cache and dalvik .

Reboot.

It will boot a couple times.

Then the wizard will come up and just get tons of errors.

Hit the far left button to bring up the play store or the SD maid app, you will not be able to go to the home screen.

In sd maid go > app control then search type in wizard. Then stop this app and freeze it.

No more errors and you have root. Oh ya until next week when there is another update.

Get a google phone. Xiaomi blows now.

After flashing TWRP from stock firmware you need to format userdata. Wipe won't do - you need to go to Wipe > Advanced and manually check Userdata, something like that.

Lol @ guy's massive rant above.