Unlock bootloader and banking apps

mcHammer T

Members
Aug 4, 2016
Can I get a confirmation after bootloader unlock, I could still maintain the DRM level 1 for Google widevine and pass the safety net right ? Have Redmi note 9 pro global set and intend to swipe a xiaomi.eu ROM.

Can I get a confirmation after bootloader unlock, I could still maintain the DRM level 1 for Google widevine and pass the safety net right ? Have Redmi note 9 pro global set and intend to swipe a xiaomi.eu ROM.

Where you check the SafetyNET pass?... At least I don't have any problems whit Netflix or my banks apps... so, I think that Xiomi.eu pass the SafetyNET and maintain the Wideline Level 1.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm not a English native speaker.

Widevine L1 is still ok.

SafetyNet:
Basic Integrity true
CTS profile match false

This is because of unlocked bootloader.

Check with "SafetyNet helper sample" from Playstore on your device

You can try to hide with Magisc, but this will not work forever

read here
https://www.xda-developers.com/magisk-no-longer-hide-bootloader-unlock-status/
and here

Attachments

• IMG_20200704_211351.jpg
    IMG_20200704_211351.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 895
  • IMG_20200704_212008.jpg
    IMG_20200704_212008.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 835
  • IMG_20200704_212023.jpg
    IMG_20200704_212023.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 770
Last edited:
Widevine L1 is still ok.

SafetyNet:
Basic Integrity true
CTS profile match false

This is because of unlocked bootloader.

Check with "SafetyNet helper sample" from Playstore on your device

You can try to hide with Magisc, but this will not work forever

read here
https://www.xda-developers.com/magisk-no-longer-hide-bootloader-unlock-status/
and here

So safetynet is not passed anymore even though we did not root. Wonder if flash 11.0.2 will make a difference ( vs 11.0.4 ).

So safetynet is not passed anymore even though we did not root. Wonder if flash 11.0.2 will make a difference ( vs 11.0.4 ).

This won't make any difference.

SafetNet ist rolled out via Google Services, like this new Covid stuff. Big brother has control over your device.

Attachments

• IMG_20200705_104507.jpg
    IMG_20200705_104507.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 728
This won't make any difference.

SafetNet ist rolled out via Google Services, like this new Covid stuff. Big brother has control over your device.

Don't understand what you are trying to say. If 11.0.4 and 11.0.2 no difference, it means Google will fail safetynet as long as you unlock bootloader.

Then one cannot use any custom ROM.

Btw

I installed Amazon Prime Video today and HD resolution is not available.

So L1 Videvine is not sufficient, seems they additionally check SafetyNet CTS profile.

Today I run DRM info I realized that I lost my widewine L1. I specifically checked it after installing the Xiaomi.eu ROM 11.0.4.0, it was still L1. I cannot find out what has triggered it to change to L3.

Today I run DRM info I realized that I lost my widewine L1. I specifically checked it after installing the Xiaomi.eu ROM 11.0.4.0, it was still L1. I cannot find out what has triggered it to change to L3.
Hello, been trying to understand the L1 thing yesterday. Even flashed stock ROM and relocked bootloader with no success. What I read on Netflix support page is that they have specific permissions for some devices and not for others. Could we have lost L1 simply bcz Netflix removed our devices from that list?

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9S através do Tapatalk

WideWine L1 is a characteristic of your device. As far as I know there is a phone specific certificate stored in a special partition. You will lose L1 if you flash this partition or if you install a custom ROM which does not support WideWine. By changing software the normal way this partition is untouched, so if you have L1 you never will lose it. But people even lost their IMEI by flashing the wrong way.

An application like Amazon Video, Netflix, Banking Application, McDonalds, ... can check you WideWine status, your SafetyNet status and different other things, can implement a whitelist or a blacklist, there are many possibilities.

Last edited:
WideWine L1 is a characteristic of our device. As far as I know there is a phone specific certificate stored in a special partition. You will lose L1 if you flash this partition. By changing software the normal way this partition is untouched, so if you have L1 you never will lose it. But people even lost their IMEI by flashing the wrong way.

An application like Amazon Video, Netflix, Banking Application, McDonalds, ... can check you WideWine status, your SafetyNet status and different other things, can implement a whitelist or a blacklist, there are many possibilities.
Thank you for your answer. What I found is a list of phones and chipsets on Netflix support page(Portuguese) that are certified to get L1. My device and chipset are not there. Some ppl even reported losing L1 after official OTA so I think they may have removed the certification for some devices as well. I didn't check before going to Xiaomi.eu the level I had but now I have L3 and didn't backup, my bad.
783408eb773c0251ed3cebb832c6edf5.jpg
1cddd66342418bbd19fe59c6c78077ec.jpg

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9S através do Tapatalk

As far as I know, the L1 support is binded to the phone, and it is written in the persists.img partition.
If this is replaced with any other than the original that was pre-installedbon your phone, you will lost L1 and only have L3.

Reactions: t_adams
As far as I know, the L1 support is binded to the phone, and it is written in the persists.img partition.
If this is replaced with any other than the original that was pre-installedbon your phone, you will lost L1 and only have L3.

According to here Xiaomi Redmi note 9 pro ( I think it's note9s ) has bug regarding the drm.

Reactions: sir_bazz
It mentions 11.0.5 update, so it's referring to Joyeuse.

Happy to see that these bugs are being addressed in a timely manner.
Hey friend,
You mistaken! It is really for Curtana because article in date of 7, April and Joyeuse 11.05 is not yet available.