Unlock Bootloader??

martijnn2

Members
Oct 23, 2012
Hello just got my 3s and i want to install dutch language.

Is it nesscerary to unlock the bootloader for that?

Its new for me, all my previous phones i just installed new roms without unlock the bootloader. Or these phones didnt have a locked one.

Greetings, Martijn

Hi there,

Yes, in order to install a ROM with dutch language support (such as xiaomi.eu -- not sure if Global MIUI Roms have dutch support) your bootloader needs to be unlocked.

Reactions: martijnn2
I received a message that I can unlock the bootloader of my 5s. But trying that gives me the error that the account is not bound to this device. Any ideas what is going on?

I received a message that I can unlock the bootloader of my 5s. But trying that gives me the error that the account is not bound to this device. Any ideas what is going on?
5S? :rolleyes: Are you sure you have the right forum?

5S? :rolleyes: Are you sure you have the right forum?
Thanks for replying. What do you think yourself? But since one of the guys replying here owns an Mi 5, I am giving a shot here. And unlocking bootloaders seems hard on any Xiaomi device.
So if you do not have an answer, pls restrain from these kind of replies. Thank you.

Points to check:
- latest ROM version
- latest Mi Unlock Tool
- Mi account details entered in phone
- some users had to wait up to ten days. I personally unlocked straight after receiving the message without any problems.

Reactions: wimjh67
1st you need to check if you have official rom or unofficial.
Also, with the latest official roms you need to activate in the developer options (go to settings > about phone > hit 7-8 times in the MIUI version)
In the developer Options, Activate the field OEM unlocking + "Mi Unlock States"
After that try the latest mi unlock tool
If you cant unlock, try with the previous unlock tool, version 1.

Reactions: wimjh67
1st you need to check if you have official rom or unofficial.
Also, with the latest official roms you need to activate in the developer options (go to settings > about phone > hit 7-8 times in the MIUI version)
In the developer Options, Activate the field OEM unlocking + "Mi Unlock States"
After that try the latest mi unlock tool
If you cant unlock, try with the previous unlock tool, version 1.

Thanks for your reply. I do have an official ROM. There is no unlock settings whatsoever in de Developer Options. I know it should be there in a developer ROM, but I do not have it. Neither can I flash a developer ROM, because my phone tells me that verification failed, when I use the Updater app.

So it's still not working and I am getting annoyed more and more. Still, all help is appreciated!

Mi5S :(

you need to install official china rom first, you cant unlock with this old global stable.
1. fastboot rom, with miflash, from edl mode
2. Recovery rom, with china version mi pc suite, from recovery mode

Yes, I have attached 3 screenshots.
you already have dev options unlocked, go there, settings > additional settings > developer options > mi unlock status, then press the button. it'll bind your phone to your account. after that - try unlocking. if it'll return an error that says something like "binding time is less than X hours" - wait for X hours.

this option is not available at 8.0.3.0 global stable rom :(
it should be, but you must enable developer options first. settings > about phone, tap 5 times at miui version. if it still ain't there - update to the latest global stable.

Thank you all for your help and replies. i will try to explain what the situation is:
- Developer options are there, I can see i.e. USB debugging etc., but nothing related to Mi unlock status.
- Using the updater app, there is no update
- Using the updater app, I can choose a ROM which I dowloaded from Miui, but my phone tells me with every ROM that it can not be verified.
- Switching to bootloader and using XiaoMiFlash, flashing a ROM doesn't work, it looks like it's flashing, but nothing happens.
- MiPCSuite doesn't recognize the phone.
- Using adb.exe and fastboot.exe I can see the phone, when I use adb devices or fastboot devices.
- Using fastboot.exe getvar all, gives me a lot of variables, so my laptop can connect to my phone using fastboot
- Settings, Mi Account, Devices shows my phone, with the changed device name
- When using the Mi unlock tool, the account number there is the same as the one on the phone. But when the tool sees my phone, it displays a different device name. It says Mi Phone. That might the culprit.

So, still no go in flashing or unlocking the bootloader.

You'll definitely have to flash the latest available ROM. If any other method works, you should be able to use a deep flash cable. Just google for it.

I have one Mi5s now with the same problem, Global stable 8.0.3.0, And cant unlock

With deep flash cable, I manage to enter in edl mode (QDLoader 9008) and flash the latest china developer rom.

But it was not possible to enter in edl mode with the green + black color.
I try with green + white and finally my phone enter in edl mode

Reactions: wimjh67 and MarkyO
I have one Mi5s now with the same problem, Global stable 8.0.3.0, And cant unlock

With deep flash cable, I manage to enter in edl mode (QDLoader 9008) and flash the latest china developer rom.

But it was not possible to enter in edl mode with the green + black color.
I try with green + white and finally my phone enter in edl mode

After several days of trying, I got it working. In some thread, I read using a very thin copper wire to shortcut pin 2 and the metal housing. It also mentioned that you can remove the USB cable to remove the wire and then connect the cable again. That was certainly not working. After removing the wire without disconnecting the USB cable, I could flash Chinese developer rom. And unlocking was easy after that.