Invalid Unwanted notification sounds while updating

aadil.gillani

Members
Nov 26, 2020
Actually I update my phone by downloading the zip and directly flashing through the recovery but this time because Redmi Note 7 received a second update with fixes so tried to update with the inbuilt updater

While I was updating and the download was progressing I was receiving so many unwanted notification sound and I was so confused like why are the happening but the only notification was the update progress notification

But I was repeatedly hearing sounds again and again again and again continuously with the like 5 to 10 second pause

I wanted to confirm this is by the updater app and I confirmed this by changing the notification sound for the updater app hence the sounds changed too

Logcat are attached below:
90a7d1faa083ab67456ef4491260b3f7.jpg
View attachment logcat_02-02-2021_18-45-19.txtView attachment logcat_02-02-2021_18-46-50.txt

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Those events are fully customizable go to Updater notification settings then disable Vibrations and Sound in "Downloading progress" section.

Those events are fully customizable go to Updater notification settings then disable Vibrations and Sound in "Downloading progress" section.
Yes I agree that I can disable the sound but the thing is wouldn't it be e better if these sounds are disabled by default so that there won't be any repetitive notification sounds while downloading I mean shouldnt something be done by editing code in order to turn off these sounds by default like for example when I am downloading zip file from a Chrome browser I do not receive this notification sounds during the download progress.

Just a suggestion in order to improve services I mean the problem is solved for me me also I have identified the problem

By the way thank you brother for responding & creating such an amazing app to allow OTA UPDATES with md5 check it looks just like as if I am using a stock rom.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ZduneX25