Update Mi5s To Latest Version.

suchar

Members
Nov 21, 2016
Hello,

I don't have much knowledge about how to update a ROM in my phone. My phone was previously updated by a friend.

I have:
Xiaomi Mi5s 128GB/4GB
Android version: 6.0.1 MXB48T
MIUI version: MIUI 8.2. by xiaomi.eu 6.12.8 | Beta
I think it's rooted because I have SuperSU free APP

I would like to update my phone (keeping my files/settings) to the latest stable version. My will to update it comes from the fact that whenever I have a call, if I set the speaker call volume somewhere higher than 33%, the person on the other side hears his own voice as an echo. I was reading online that that's due to a software issue.

Can you please tell me in detail what to do to have my phone updated? I find the information in this website to be oriented to advance users, which I'm not.

Thank you,

Okay, first check whether you have a custom recovery or not. You can check it by going to the updater app and the clicking the "three dot menu" and selecting "reboot to recovery mode".
If you boot into a screen that says TWRP then you're good to proceed to the next steps.
The next step is to download the Update from here-
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120746277
And then flash it with TWRP. There are many guides out there for that. But here's some pointers,
>First reboot back to phone (By going to Reboot option in TWRP and selecting System)
>Download the Update on your phone
>Go again to TWRP.
>Select Backup and tick (1)Boot, (2)System, (3)Data(excluding storage). Wait till it completes.
>Then go back and select 'Install Zip' and choose the Update you just downloaded.
>Wait till it finishes. Then reboot back and wait some more for your phone to configure the Update.
> If even after 30 minutes your phone doesn't boot up or you find some flaw with the Update, then boot back to TWRP and restore your back up.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk