Update To 7.3.16 From Stable

JayJay5

Members
Oct 6, 2016
Hey guys,

do i have to unlock the bootloader again after flashing to the 7.3.16?
Do i have to flash a nother version before i flash the 7.3.16 with android 7 ?
Do i have to consider anything else? or can i you just update via updater??
cause i rember the first weekly update to android 7, it was a mess =#

greets and thanks

If you have MIUI based on android lollipop version must flash v6.12.22 xiaomi.eu version first , after this install 7.3.16 from rom updater, unlock bootloader, flash twrp and root. Good luck.

Last edited:
I did but i had problems with the usb debugging
it always goes on and off and i don´t get a connection for data interchange.
Any fixes for this problem?
Maybe i go back to stable and wait for the next update.

And by the way. I can not see any diferences to the 5.1 Android, No Nugat features!!! Do i have to install the gapps for android 7 aswell??

greets

If by data interchange you mean MTP it's already stated that there is a problem with the latest Windows 10 update (March) regarding MTP, though for some reason i am able to transfer files via USB on my Mi4c. All i do every time i connect the phone to a USB 2.0 (doesn't work on USB 3.0 btw) i go to notifications and change the "USB charging this device" to "Transfer files".
Also if your phone isn't recognized as Mi4c at Device Manager on your PC, navigate to "C:\Windows\INF" find the wpdmtp.inf and Right Click > Install. This time it has to be recognized correctly.

Also there are almost no new features to Android 7.0 yet. It's up to MIUI to be updated first in order to support things like multiple window view, etc...

Last edited: