update to Pie failed

psebos

Members
Mar 3, 2017
Hi,

I was in 'xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_8.8.9_v10-8.1.zip' and decided today to go to `xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_9.1.24_v10-9.zip`

I am on `twrp-3.2.3-0-nitrogen.img`. I installed the new rom through twrp cleared the dalvik/cache and rebooted. Rebooted took some time BUT the phone rebooted automatically to TWRP. I tried to reboot again and after two-three minutes the phone rebooted automatically to twrp again. Any idea or help appreciated!

Should I follow something else in order to upgrade to Android 9 Pie?

Hi again I tried `xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_9.1.10_v10-9.zip` which had the exact same problem. On the first boot after the install I got a reboot to twrp after a couple of minutes.

I got into fastboot and checked the anti roll and saw that was not enabled. So I proceeded and reflash 'xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_8.8.9_v10-8.1.zip'. This worked and I am back on my phone now.

What should I do in order to update to Pie?

Thanks!

Hi,

I was in 'xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_8.8.9_v10-8.1.zip' and decided today to go to `xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_9.1.24_v10-9.zip`

I am on `twrp-3.2.3-0-nitrogen.img`. I installed the new rom through twrp cleared the dalvik/cache and rebooted. Rebooted took some time BUT the phone rebooted automatically to TWRP. I tried to reboot again and after two-three minutes the phone rebooted automatically to twrp again. Any idea or help appreciated!

Should I follow something else in order to upgrade to Android 9 Pie?
I think that you must wipe cache and dalvik but wipe data is strongly recomended travelling from Android 8 to 9.
I passed from global android 8 to EU android 9 with all wipes and all right.

wiping data will reset to 'factory defaults' I guess. So I guess I have to do it at some point. Thanks!