video

kadandale

Members
Aug 26, 2014
I have bought a mi 3 phone 1 month back and I have the following issues:
1. When I make video calls using Tango or Vonage, I can receive audio/Video from the other side, but the other side can receive only my audio minus my video.
I have tried to uninstall and re-install the apps several times..but no solution.
Your call centre help tried to help me by do to settings/apps/ and clear data etc..still does not work..
even a cheap samsung phone can do this work!!
2. Auto-rotation...when I try to read some news papers...when I try to increase the font size...the screen does not adjust to read full screen. So i have to go to the left and read to read..
Also if I try to read horizontally...the screen does not rotate even with the auto-rotate in ON position.
It is very stressful to read in small font size.. Moreover I am a senior citizen..
Please help..

I have bought a mi 3 phone 1 month back and I have the following issues:
1. When I make video calls using Tango or Vonage, I can receive audio/Video from the other side, but the other side can receive only my audio minus my video.
I have tried to uninstall and re-install the apps several times..but no solution.
Your call centre help tried to help me by do to settings/apps/ and clear data etc..still does not work..
even a cheap samsung phone can do this work!!
2. Auto-rotation...when I try to read some news papers...when I try to increase the font size...the screen does not adjust to read full screen. So i have to go to the left and read to read..
Also if I try to read horizontally...the screen does not rotate even with the auto-rotate in ON position.
It is very stressful to read in small font size.. Moreover I am a senior citizen..
Please help..
i see you didnt get any reply yet,

i hope ill be able to fix this with you..as the mi3 is a cool and affordable device but its not a exact worries free phone.
i got one myself and love it, bu than again i might be a little more capable for messing/playing around with it.

i have a few questions i hope you can answer?
Where did you buy the mi3 and more important what software is it on at this moment? Maybe you can try this multilang software to see if the apps got fixed? It will put your mi3 into developers mode, and recieves updates and fixes every friday/saturday morning.
It's one of the best miui versions to run on the mi3!

we could also try a global rom wich has build in google apps. it might function better but you also loose some features compaired to the stock china rom.

my name is Jeffrey and i love to try to help you!

Tks Jeffrey.
I bought the Mi3 in India on Flipkart and I am now using it in Singapore. I travel between India/Singapore.
I love the Mi3 also..It is fast and has good sharp screen.
I got the first problem solved after I actually got into the Tango app settings and switched on the camera.
So the video calls work fine!!
But now I have some issues with the screen size adjustment when I increase the font size on some of the text on News paper app like Firstpost. Can you suggest something or it is something to do with the App? It works with Samsung S3.
Thanks once again
Prasad

thank you for your reply, i believe your phone might be running the global rom, with the like 8 or 10 different stock languages xiaomi recently launched in! Mine is on the translated dev-rom from this website so ill take a look into the newspaper app and see how it behaves

OK i did some testing and yes for me as well the same issues..not nice, in the browser or a different launcher, the auto rotate works ok, but i see it depends a lot on the program and whether or not the apps came by default..Lets say almost all gapps/ miui nicely rotate. but almost none of the reading apps work! Firstpost only act like its a big jpg image so when you scale up is acts like a photo in the gallery just zooming in and panning around, flipboard aswell didnt rotate, which i know forsure it should atleast on any of my locally bought phones..

I think its because of the heavy customization and maybe different miui api's so that the apps wont be able to operate properly..Sorry but we seem a bit out of luck with this as mine acts exactly the same!