Volume Steps increased

Perfect exactly what I was looking for. I did the magisk one. Guess I'll try to open it and see if I can make it 30 steps but anything over default is great for me.
No problem. :)

But 30 steps should not work in recent MIUI versions, that's why I set to 25 steps. ;)

No problem. :)

But 30 steps should not work in recent MIUI versions, that's why I set to 25 steps. ;)
Why it can't be more than 29 steps? I am completely messed up by this, tried to mod framework.jar service.jar but no success anyway

Hello :)

If you want 25 volume steps:

- If you have Magisk (root), install this zip in Magisk (Magisk Manager) app => MediaVolumeStepsExtender-Magisk.zip (mirror link: here)

- For those who don't have Magisk, here is a zip to install in TWRP => TWRP_25-Steps-Volume.zip (mirror link: here)

;)

Would this work for a Redmi Note 11 (spesn) as well? If so sorry for the (maybe) dumb question, but how would I install this via TWRP? The zip file contains two different folders, what do I do with them?

Would this work for a Redmi Note 11 (spesn) as well? If so sorry for the (maybe) dumb question, but how would I install this via TWRP? The zip file contains two different folders, what do I do with them?
Hi there,
I don't know about supported devices but I just installed it on my Mi 10T Lite and it works. To install you usually have to enter twrp and install the zip as is. No need to unzip or modify what you downloaded.
To be able to see the zip in twrp you need to select the source storage ( phone or sd card ) and maybe the kind of file you want to flash ( .img or .zip )
Are you familiar with twrp? Have you backuped your device with twrp and saved the backup on a pc? Just in case...
I used the other method and have had no issues.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply!
Ok, I might give it a try then. Is there a way to easily "uninstall" this fix in case it doesn't work/causes any errors? Any chance I'll brick my phone with this or cause thermonuclear war?

I mean I did manage to install the EU ROM with TWRP so I hope I'm at least somewhat familiar with it :emoji_sweat_smile: If it's just selecting the zip via TWRP I guess I'll manage

There's always a chance for something to go wrong but I don't think this is likely to happen. Just do a full backup and put it somewhere outside of your device.
If you have an external sd card in your device put it there as well.
The only way to undo it easily would be if the user who did the install zip did a uninstall zip. Flashing these kinds of zip usually changes a ( text ) file in your system so maybe you could see what the zip changes and use an editor to change the zip to revert to the old file but I don't know for sure.
If you do a backup with twrp you need to backup all media ( vids and photos ) separately.
Just copy them to a different device.
Bricking is something I have never encountered. Yes I managed to boot loop and other stuff but going the long way and flash stockrom with software via pc has always worked on all devices I have flashed throughout the years. It's more a question of inconvenience.
And after all where's the fun if you flash something without the least bit of risk

Last edited:
I finally got around to trying this out via TWRP (on my Redmi Note 11 with the latest EU rom 14.0.4.0) after being annoyed for too long with the few default volume steps (15).
I managed to install the zip via TWRP, at first it came back with an error, saying I needed to mount system, which I then did in the mount settings in TWRP. Afterwards it installed no problem. Rebooted - however still just 15 steps :(
Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks!