New Wallet app switches to 2nd Google account when paying

Konfetti030

Members
Feb 15, 2023
Hi,
I have a second Google account beside my main account. In the main account I don't have credit cards in wallet app but in the 2nd Google account I have.
When I want to pay with wallet app then the app is always switching to my main Google account and I can't pay and can't select the 2nd account anymore in the menu.
Does anyone know how to fix this issue or how to set 2nd account as default?
With my Mi 9 I never had this issue before.

Hi, I have the same problem.

How did you solve it please?
I have Xiaomi 12x and MIUI14.
It also switches to the 2nd account during payment.

I noticed that if he switches to the 2nd account, Wallet does not offer the selection of the 1st account.
Tried removing the 2nd account from the phone and rebooting.
But when paying, it still remembers the 2nd account even if it is deleted.

Settings - Connect and share - mobile payment - set standard to accept payment when another app is open.

Solved for me the problem but after reboot it's again not working but with this settings. So now I don't have a clue how to fix this annoying issue.

Anyone?

Reactions: Lipi86
I forgot that my problem is a bit opposite.
The main account has assigned credit / payment cards and the second account has no assigned credit / payment card.
During pay with Google Wallet was always switch on second account and could not select main account.

Ok got it but at the end the exact same issue because wallet app is switching to the other Google account without payment.

One thing I found out: it's not really Google wallet app which opens and shows 2nd Google account (or 1st account in your example), but it seems to be the Xiaomi payment app. Can you also confirm that by watching app icon in app manager (left button in navigation bar)? This icon has a "13" as app icon.

Ok got it but at the end the exact same issue because wallet app is switching to the other Google account without payment.

One thing I found out: it's not really Google wallet app which opens and shows 2nd Google account (or 1st account in your example), but it seems to be the Xiaomi payment app. Can you also confirm that by watching app icon in app manager (left button in navigation bar)? This icon has a "13" as app icon.
I will try it tomorrow and confirm if I have the same problem.

Reactions: Konfetti030
Solution or better say workaround of this bug is:

Settings - Connect and share - mobile payment - set standard to accept payment when another app is open.

AND

Open Google wallet app before start the payment process.

Hi.
Is it same app (wallet google)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-06-12-48-14-089_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-06-12-48-14-089_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited by a moderator:
Bug is still existing and workaround doesn't work sometimes at all.
Developers can you have a look at it?

Maybe it is because "old" Google pay app is set in the standard pay app?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-21-22-09-10-786_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-21-22-09-10-786_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 69