What Version To Install And Where I Can Find It ? (stable)

GiladY

Members
Jun 20, 2017
Hi,

I'm deleting my Redmi Note 2 Prime completely, no need to save any data, and would like to install a stable Global ROM before I use it again. I bought it in China in December 2015. I was told to install an older version (xiaomi.eu_multi_hermes_5.9.24_v7-5.0), so then I could just install the newer version (xiaomi.eu_multi_hermes_5.12.31_v7-5.0.zip) without having to use recovery, root, flash, etc. and it worked, but I never had updates available.

Could you please recommend what version to install ? I see so many option that I'm lost. Do I need to use this one: xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote2_V8.2.1.0.LHMCNDL_v8-5.0.zip , and if so, why is the name different (HMNOTE2 and not Hermes) ?

Do I must use MIFLASH ?
Should I install an older version before the latest, same I did before, to avoid complicate it ?

Thanks.
Gilad

Hello again,

I tried, and it's working great. I didn't have to use any workarounds either, just downloaded and installed the latest available version, easier than I thought it would be. Unless anyone has a question on what exactly I did, which I assume as experts you don't, this thread can be closed now. Thank you.