WiFi is Lost after Trying to Change IMEI (Redmi Note 8)

sz.hatef

Members
Apr 9, 2019
Hi there,

I used QPST app to trying to change my IMEI, result is losting Antenna and WIFI,
my IMEI is not changed but my WIFI-MAC-ADDRESS as well as Bluetooth-MAC-ADDRESS has been gone,
How can I restore it.

wen I trying to use QPST, in middle of process it loses the connection.
p.s. when I use this command: setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb , it simply go back to command line and it seems that phone loses the connection to the PC.
p.s. QFIL recognizes the phone on COM3 but when I try to restore the .qcn file it searching again for the phone and it wont able to find it again!

I even tried to flash Stock Rom by miFlash, no change!
Could someone help me to find a way to solve the problem?

You're on your own. I see no reason why anyone would need to change their IMEI.
right now I just want to restore my WIFI connection, actually I do not use this phone for making call or so, thats why I tried to test if the IMEI would be changed or not,
do you think that only chance remained for me is delivering the device to a xiaomi service center?
do you think if it possible to recover it (by me or by xiaomi service center)? I mean is there any hope to recover it at all?

right now I just want to restore my WIFI connection, actually I do not use this phone for making call or so, thats why I tried to test if the IMEI would be changed or not,
do you think that only chance remained for me is delivering the device to a xiaomi service center?
do you think if it possible to recover it (by me or by xiaomi service center)? I mean is there any hope to recover it at all?
Not sure why you post here, to be honest. You made a mistake, there's a price to pay. I won't go into pointless accusations, I'll just say again that you're on your own. There's a good reason hacking the IMEI is illegal in many countries.

Reactions: YeepYeep
WHAT a NICE GUY. ;)
take it easy, btw I stuck in an other country than my homeland (due to the CORONA) and I do not use this phone in this country, and I was just looking to extend my knowledge, so if you can/will Not to help, that's ok, but stop pretending to know everything including people's intentions. (it is not so wise you know) :)

WHAT a NICE GUY. ;)
take it easy, btw I stuck in an other country than my homeland (due to the CORONA) and I do not use this phone in this country, and I was just looking to extend my knowledge, so if you can/will Not to help, that's ok, but stop pretending to know everything including people's intentions. (it is not so wise you know) :)
That's why I said that I'm not going for any accusations, I just said that you're at the wrong place looking for help after damaging your own device with sketchy methods. We're not XDA, try there.

Reactions: YeepYeep