Wifi Problems

Stefan Schober

Members
Sep 2, 2016
with all versions of the ROM I'm using, I have the same frequent issues with WiFi connections...
I'm using 2 WiFi connections at home (Shanghai/China). One works via VPN, the other is directly connected to China Telecom. Normally the Pad is supposed to be connected to the VPN. But frequently it changes the WiFi connection on its own accord without my consent. How can this happen?

Often enough the Pad then refuses to re-connect to the other WiFi. It tells to have "authentication problems". Rebooting the Pad solves this issue as well. It then again connects to the correct WiFi... until it automatically changes the WiFi on its own :(

Any ideas where this could come from or how to fix it?

with all versions of the ROM I'm using, I have the same frequent issues with WiFi connections...
I'm using 2 WiFi connections at home (Shanghai/China). One works via VPN, the other is directly connected to China Telecom. Normally the Pad is supposed to be connected to the VPN. But frequently it changes the WiFi connection on its own accord without my consent. How can this happen?

Often enough the Pad then refuses to re-connect to the other WiFi. It tells to have "authentication problems". Rebooting the Pad solves this issue as well. It then again connects to the correct WiFi... until it automatically changes the WiFi on its own :(

Any ideas where this could come from or how to fix it?

Take any root explorer and have a look into /config/wifi. Do you have there mac.txt file. If not - probably this is a source of your problem.

I recently updated to xiaomi.eu 7.3.30. I did a factory reset when first replacing the original Chinese ROM by xiaomi.eu. I ignored this "feature" quite some time, but now it gets annoying...

Olá,
Eu tenho mi5s e eu tenho sofrido com o mesmo problema por algum tempo, eu só pode se conectar a redes 5ghz, além de redes de 2,4 GHz não consigo conectar.
Serei muito grato se alguém puder me ajudar com este problema
Estou usando a versão 7.5.11 Beta

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-13-09-03-33-663_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-13-09-03-33-663_com.android.settings.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 407