shalvium

Members
Jan 13, 2023
Title says it all, the option is always greyed out on all apps

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-13-23-42-24-127_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-13-23-42-24-127_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 145
I second that.. Gallery sometimes holds like 2GB of data (why though?) and here, in it's menu the Clear data button is grey.. I used to clear it manually via ABD because of this.. any I can't imagine what kind of data it is actually holding.

@shalvium because "Storage: 0 B", nothing to clear.

I second that.. Gallery sometimes holds like 2GB of data (why though?) and here, in it's menu the Clear data button is grey.. I used to clear it manually via ABD because of this.. any I can't imagine what kind of data it is actually holding.
Many system apps don't allow clearing of app data. It's not a bug.

@shalvium because "Storage: 0 B", nothing to clear.

Many system apps don't allow clearing of app data. It's not a bug.
The issue is not limited to system apps. and the "Storage: 0B" seems to be the problem as all apps supposedly have 0B of cache for some reason. Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt for apps that are used daily to have 0B of cache

Security app requires usage access permission for you to be able to clear data/cache.

If you have tempered with permissions, well this might be the case.

If you have tempered with permissions, well this might be the case.
.......okay-okay, then.. try it yourself: can or can't you clear data of those apps?
And also tell us: did or didn't you tempered with permissions of Security app?

PS: it has nothing to do with Security app.

Open -> settings, search for -> "usage access", When you click on the result It opens a page called -> "Special permissions", Scroll down to -> "usage access", There scroll down to -> "security" Turn on the -> "Permit usage access"

Open -> settings, search for -> "usage access", When you click on the result It opens a page called -> "Special permissions", Scroll down to -> "usage access", There scroll down to -> "security" Turn on the -> "Permit usage access"

..neither should be a feature.:emoji_confused:
Open -> settings, search for -> "usage access", When you click on the result It opens a page called -> "Special permissions", Scroll down to -> "usage access", There scroll down to -> "security" Turn on the -> "Permit usage access" and it will go back to normal

.......okay-okay, then.. try it yourself: can or can't you clear data of those apps?
And also tell us: did or didn't you tempered with permissions of Security app?

PS: it has nothing to do with Security app.