Xiaomi 12T (plato) twrp and rom installation

I see there is only fastboot rom for Xiaomi 12t PLATO
Is the installation process same as for other Xiaomi (Qualcomm) devices?
Thank you!
yes ... look here

hi, in the link, i see the Xiaomi 12T (plato) can be installed either fastboot and twrp (hybrid), but i cannot see in any location the twrp for this model, can you or anyone help me?
thanks
The fact that the ROM is hybrid does not mean a TWRP is currently available (as suggested by the post you quoted)

The fact that the ROM is hybrid does not mean a TWRP is currently available.
That's it, thanks.
And I don't expect that there will be a future twrp for the latest Android 13 MIUI 14 xiaomi.eu_multi_PLATO_V14.0.1.0.TLQMIXM_v14-13.zip ROM on SF. Seems the sales numbers are too low for this "little brother of..." device, or Mediatek recovery handling is impossible for devs.

I'll just stay with fastboot install, which takes already only a small amount of minutes, using my existing adb installation *and* fast USB port/cable.

Last edited:
Reactions: gstef
i have a person who can create a twrp for us but i need the kernel source code who can get this code and get it and send it to me.you can get it from the boot partition

i need the kernel source code who can get this code and get it and send it to me.you can get it from the boot partition
Hmmm, the boot partition contains compiled code. The source code for the whole ROM (Open Source parts only) has to be provided by Xiaomi, according to my little knowledge. And Xiaomi neglects doing this, for sure.

Reactions: Igor Eisberg
Hi
So there's no twrp for my Xiaomi 12t ?
Screenshot_2023-03-21-07-59-59-169_com.android.settings-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-21-08-02-08-514_com.android.settings-edit.jpg

Hello, why xiaomi 12T (plato) is not present anymore on xiaomi.eu site...???? i need help, i can't find update for Miui 14 or Miui 13...

Do not submit duplicate posts.

Reactions: JiaiJ
Eso es todo, gracias.
Y no espero que haya un futuro twrp para la última ROM de Android 13 MIUI 14 xiaomi.eu_multi_PLATO_V14.0.1.0.TLQMIXM_v14-13.zip en SF. Parece que las cifras de ventas son demasiado bajas para este dispositivo "hermano pequeño de...", o el manejo de la recuperación de Mediatek es imposible para los desarrolladores.

Me quedaré con la instalación fastboot, que ya lleva solo unos minutos, usando mi instalación adb existente *y* puerto/cable USB rápido.
That's it, thanks.
And I don't expect that there will be a future twrp for the latest Android 13 MIUI 14 xiaomi.eu_multi_PLATO_V14.0.1.0.TLQMIXM_v14-13.zip ROM on SF. Seems the sales numbers are too low for this "little brother of..." device, or Mediatek recovery handling is impossible for devs.

I'll just stay with fastboot install, which takes already only a small amount of minutes, using my existing adb installation *and* fast USB port/cable.
Hi, you installed xiaomi.eu on your 12t (plato)? How was your experience with the rom?

@Camilo Crisosto
"you installed xiaomi.eu on your 12t (plato)? How was your experience with the rom?"

It was working fine while I used it. It is mostly similar to the Global ROM (I bought an EU device) because there is no 12T Chinese version. More polished and less advertisement.
In short, I left Patreon and sold the device. My biggest issue with Xiaomi phones was that nagging appkiller behaviour, and programmers here say say only Xiaomi can solve this. Now I'm on Pixel 6a with a Custom ROM (StagOS), which does what I want. And I deleted the xiaomi_eu ROM files from disk, so don't ask.

Last edited: