Xiaomi 13 Pro, Can't connect to camera

chaco

Members
Jan 26, 2023
I'm using the MIUI 14 Weekly rom and without any rooting. My main camera suddenly stopped working today. When I open the Camera app, it just said can't connect to the camera and the app will shutdown after 3 seconds. If I choose selfie from the quick open menu it works(which means the front camera works).

I tried clear cache and Dalvik in TWRP. I also updated to the latest weekly build.

Did you maybe try with another app? Just to rule out any hardware problems

Sent from my Xiaomi 13 Pro using Tapatalk

Yeah I used the other apps and it seems to be fine. Video shooting using the rear camera also works. I can confirm that only the photo and portrait mode that involves the Leica functionality doesn't work.

I just realized that the camera module has some contact issues in the hardware level. Shaking the phone, I can hear something wiggly from the camera module area. I tried the engineer mode, and the telelens module cannot pass. I guess I have to find someplace to resolder the module back on the board. It feels bad that I spent a lot of money on the phone and I only get to use it for 2 months before something went wrong at the hardware level.