Invalid Xiaomi camera app crashes

mattodinaturas

Members
Apr 20, 2022
Hi! I own a mi10 umi phone on 13.0.8.0 xiaomi eu rom. I know that it is an old rom, but the problem applies to every version of stock miui and xiaomi eu. I have a broken wideangle camera, which in itself is not a problem.
However, since then, the stock xiaomi camera app refuses to work and closes by itself (it says cannot connect to camera), even though the main camera works just fine. I'm since stuck with BSG Gca* app which, as you know, is not ideal especially for video. Are you aware if it's possible to fix this limitation/bug imposed forcefully by xiaomi in the next builds of xiaomi eu?

camera test.jpg

Thank you very much!!

You have a hardware failure, and if the camera app acts up because of that, there's nothing we can do about it.
uhm it's not that straightforward.

The camera which is not working is the ultrawide one, the main camera is fine. With *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* camera, i can take pictures with no issue, while xiaomi stock app refuses to work because one of the cameras is not responiding, even though the main camera is fine. I'm not interested in the ultrawide camera, I am just interested in making the main camera work with stock camera app. Tnx!

uhm it's not that straightforward.

The camera which is not working is the ultrawide one, the main camera is fine. With *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* camera, i can take pictures with no issue, while xiaomi stock app refuses to work because one of the cameras is not responiding, even though the main camera is fine. I'm not interested in the ultrawide camera, I am just interested in making the main camera work with stock camera app. Tnx!
It doesn't matter how many of your camera are working... We're not about to mess with the Camera app to try somehow force it to work with faulty hardware.