xiaomi.eu-ROM causes bootloop (Mix 2S)

Sebi988

Members
Jun 19, 2018
Hello guys,

I need your help because I am lost. My Mix 2S is stuck on bootloop every time after trying to install xiaomi.eu-Rom.
My steps so far were:
  1. Brand new Mix 2S with global stable
  2. Unlocked bootloader, etc.
  3. Flashed global beta (8.10.25) via fastboot method ("clean up all") -> restarted without loop or problems
  4. Flashed actual TWRP -> factory reset (wipe)
  5. Installed actual polaris (Mix 2S) xiaomi.eu-ROM (8.10.25)
  6. Got the bootloop
Am I doing something wrong? Do I forget about this ONE important detail?

Thanks you so much for your help!!!
Sebastian

Yes, twice. Once after flashing TWRP (before installing Rom), then moved the ROM zip to the Phone, flashed it, formatted data and rebooted.

In your description in post #1 you wrote that you did a factory reset (wipe), that's not the same as format data.

Yes, twice. Once after flashing TWRP (before installing Rom), then moved the ROM zip to the Phone, flashed it, formatted data and rebooted.

I had the same problem, you need to Format Data. This option is where you have to type "yes" to continue.

So just to be clear, when you go to Wipe, there are 2 buttons "Advanced" and "Format Data" and the slide to wipe data.

So, wipe data as normal (sliding the bar) and then do a Format Data (typing the "yes") then you have to copy the rom to your internal storage (Format Data delete everything in the internal storage) and proceed to install.

Please remember to do a backup as all your internal storage will be deleted.