Xiaomi.eu Stable 12.5.8 update - Mi 11

samirglima

Members
Jun 15, 2021
Hi guys, I would like to ask a question. I migrated my mi 11 from global rom to .eu (stable) via fastboot (at that time twrp didn't exist yet) and received an update (12.5.7 > 12.5.8) but I don't see it here on the website the file for installation via fastboot, only for recovery mode. Will there be no more updates via fastboot or should I wait? Wouldn't like to have to install twrp.

I don't believe it but that's okay, patience. Friend, and how to do this update after installing twrp? I saw a video on youtube teaching but as I'm new to the subject I'm afraid of getting into trouble. In the video he teaches how to install twrp but not how I can update the system later.

I don't believe it but that's okay, patience. Friend, and how to do this update after installing twrp? I saw a video on youtube teaching but as I'm new to the subject I'm afraid of getting into trouble. In the video he teaches how to install twrp but not how I can update the system later.
TWRP updates are easy. Two ways, wait to be informed or check for updates using the updater app. For this way is called ota updates and once you have been informed or found it from the app, you can select to download the update. When ready, it will ask you if you want to install it and warn you that your system is encrypted and that when rebooted in to twrp, you will need to enter your screen lock password. Hit OK and do as it says, input your password and it will do the update, wipe dalvik and cache as part of the script and may ask or simply reboot in to system. First boot will be slower as the cache has been deleted.
Manual updates are nearly the same. Find and download any update, reboot to TWRP, input your password, select install, select downloaded ROM, swipe right to flash. Once done, select wipe cache and dalvik, swipe right and once done select reboot system.

Hey guys, thanks for the answers and sorry for the delay in answering. I understand that I need to install twrp and also install from the outside. However, I received a system update notification from the system settings. My question now is: when I finish installing twrp, can I restart the device and go through the settings, or can I only install it if I go directly through twrp, right after installing it? Or whatever? I don't know if it was clear, but I hope they can help me.

TWRP updates are easy. Two ways, wait to be informed or check for updates using the updater app. For this way is called ota updates and once you have been informed or found it from the app, you can select to download the update. When ready, it will ask you if you want to install it and warn you that your system is encrypted and that when rebooted in to twrp, you will need to enter your screen lock password. Hit OK and do as it says, input your password and it will do the update, wipe dalvik and cache as part of the script and may ask or simply reboot in to system. First boot will be slower as the cache has been deleted.
Manual updates are nearly the same. Find and download any update, reboot to TWRP, input your password, select install, select downloaded ROM, swipe right to flash. Once done, select wipe cache and dalvik, swipe right and once done select reboot system.

Wow friend, thank you so much for your reply! I think that's exactly what I was looking for.

Reactions: Mark F