Xiaomi Mi 10 5G sim card reader replacement

izi555

Members
Nov 18, 2021
Hello

I was wondering if anybody could point me as to where I could buy a replacement sim card reader (not holder, the actual reader that is solder to the motherboard) for Xiaomi mi 10 5g (m2001j2g)?

Thank you

My advice is to get in contact with your nearest local GSM service, I'm referring to any type of GSM service, not an official Xiaomi service, but have to be a service which do phone repairs and not only put screen protectors and sell cases. That because in many cases spare parts cannot be easily find by a regular person.
You can try A|i-Express, but it is hard to get this type of particular component. I tried before writing this message but without any luck. Maybe it is a compatible with other models, bust it is very tricky to unsolder it and solder it back, because it is placed on the main PCB.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: izi555
My advice is to get in contact with your nearest local GSM service, I'm referring to any type of GSM service, not an official Xiaomi service, but have to be a service which do phone repairs and not only put screen protectors and sell cases. That because in many cases spare parts cannot be easily find by a regular person.
You can try A|i-Express, but it is hard to get this type of particular component. I tried before writing this message but without any luck. Maybe it is a compatible with other models, bust it is very tricky to unsolder it and solder it back, because it is placed on the main PCB.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thank you for replying.
I've contacted several local service shops and the official xioami ones too. I've also tried searching for it on aliexpress, but to no avail. As for soldering, I've done many sim card reader replacements so I don't think it will be a problem, how ever finding a compatible sim card reader seems quite hard. Anyway I'll update the thread if I find the part anywhere.