XIAOMI MI 10S

ASUKAROCK

Members
Apr 3, 2021
Hello ALL,

I have just received my XIAOMI MI10S 5G with a Chinese version. I am thinking to flash to EU ROM because Global ROM is not available at this moment. My question is do I need to wait for Mi 10S TWRP( thyme) release first then install, or I can simply follow the steps( https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/guide-how-to-install-xiaomi-eu-rom-for-xiaomi-mi10s.60288/ ) and just install EU ROM right now. what is the difference between install with/without TWRP. This is my first xiaomi phone and this rom update thing is very new to me ..Thank you all.

You don't have to wait for TWRP. Installing using fastboot is a good option too.
It's just that using TWRP is more convenient and makes OTA updates possible, while fastboot updates have to be made manually with a PC.

Reactions: Poney70
You don't have to wait for TWRP. Installing using fastboot is a good option too.
It's just that using TWRP is more convenient and makes OTA updates possible, while fastboot updates have to be made manually with a PC.
Thank you so much. this helps a lot.

I hear that Twrp opens many rom cook opportunity for Mi 10S, not only installing ROM ;) am I right?