XiaomiKEY BEWARE!

iMakeSoftware

Members
Dec 21, 2023
Attempted to unlock my gf's xiaomi 14 using xiaomikey. Removed mi cloud and booted phone into fastboot (houji) all information read correctly in fastboot as you can see. I made an order with xiaomikey telegram bot, listed as successful, but when I attempted to use the key with the token (telegram bound with OTP so I was prompted to use the token/key pair after pressing unlock bootloader in the tool so the pair was pulled directly from my telegram with the prompt indicating the ubl token would be matched with the key from the fetched order) checked UBL server beforehand and it was up the whole time, But recieved a token/key mismatch error.

Attempted again by closing tool and reopening (no telegram binding this time), token the same but this time I put the key into the specified field and triple checked it was right but recieved "invalid UBL key" error. Contacted support, who didnt reply for over 6 hours, showed them/him screenshots. He said I did it wrong and there's nothing wrong with his tool/bot then tried to get me to deposit an extra $250 for a 'bet' that he could do it and he would give me $500 if he couldnt. I said from the start using the same token/key pair? and he kept insisting there was no problem, then after asking about 5x to confirm, he reveals he would not be using the key I bought since that key is s**t now and that he can't use it.

He said I dont know how to use his tool I asked about getting a new key since HE would be using a NEW key to demonstrate there was no problem with the key I recieved? since the old key was "s**t" now. and he said it would have to pay $250+$50 for a new key and he has to watch through anyview. I asked what his guarantee was for his $500 refund (before he revealed that he wouldn't use the problematic key I bought but a new one) he replied he makes $10k per day doing this and $500 is nothing to him so he doesnt care, but wouldn't give me a refund or replacement for the $50 invalid key when I asked... He has refused to speak to me anymore because I didn't take his rigged bet where he controls the key server and could easily sabotage me then make it work for him.

Please see photos for proof of invalid/mismatched key provided.

Attachments

• telegramPurchase.jpg
    telegramPurchase.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 561
  • telegramBind.jpg
    telegramBind.jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 541
  • AutoEntryFromTelegram.jpg
    AutoEntryFromTelegram.jpg
    633.5 KB · Views: 521
  • manualEntryAttempt.jpg
    manualEntryAttempt.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 590
Even more problematic is that his application contains a backdoor ... This is why Xiaomi needs to open up the bootloader unlocking possibility!

Reactions: Miguel3t
Not sure if this is the right thread to discuss, but my understanding was that Xiaomi users still have the option to apply for bootloader unlock with the same process as it used to be (albeit with a different unlock wait time) - or has this changed recently ?

im not sure to use that things and pay bc that reason, to be scammed or pay on a fraud... i wanna unlock my 14Pro too i cant live one more day with the chinese rom.

Not sure if this is the right thread to discuss, but my understanding was that Xiaomi users still have the option to apply for bootloader unlock with the same process as it used to be (albeit with a different unlock wait time) - or has this changed recently ?
Not for cn model only global unfortunately,
Also the process is a bit more complicated

im not sure to use that things and pay bc that reason, to be scammed or pay on a fraud... i wanna unlock my 14Pro too i cant live one more day with the chinese rom.
He was recommended by another member on the forum so I thought it someone would have said something after their post.