You are unlocking a special device, which should do with special permission" CNN ROM

Gameopathy

Members
Feb 11, 2022
Good morning. I used unbrick service to fix a bricked phone. HE flashed a CNN ROM and now I can't unlock the boot loader. It says "You are unlocking a special device, which should do with special permission" I need a Global Rom , The service I used (one from this forum) has said the below . Does anyone know of a a way around this issue

---------- [14/02/2022 3:34 PM]
Unlock bootloader first

A, [14/02/2022 3:47 PM]
Bootoader will not unlock it comes up with the above message in the picture.
"You are unlocking a special device, which should do with special permission"
So using the bootloader unlock tool doesn't work.. I have made sure WiFi is off using SIM datA only. Logged in to Xioami account etc.

A, [15/02/2022 8:13 AM]
So is there a solution to this Unbrick. Can you flash a new rom ?

--------, [15/02/2022 8:13 AM]
Locked boot only china rom

A, [15/02/2022 8:16 AM]
So you asked me to flash a China rom and now the boot is locked permanently is that correct

The person who "unbricked" this needs to take responsibility. Maybe they used an elevated account? You aren't the first sadly :(

It was never bricked anyway but that's by the by

Does Mi Unlock Tool have any days left?the desktop app I mean.

This error is annoying though. It's come up time and again after some third party has tried to "unbrick".

Let's forget the unbrick stuff anyway. Can you get into fastboot?

in the google forum you will find a lot of people with this issue after unbrick service. at the moment I did not find a solution..

Yep. I think the unbrick services are useless if you want to do anything more than restore. Maybe they use developer accounts or something.

I know of no issues that I can't find with fastboot or similar. Nothing that causes this

There is almost always a better way. I can't find a solution for this... If it was me I'd be taking it to the unbrick fellow. I sure hope it wasn't a paid service