Hyper Os 1.0.1.0 released for Venus (Mi11)

kearmau5

Members
Oct 19, 2019
Hello guys
Its the first HyperOs build for Mi 11 under Android 14, i wonder if anybody installed it already.
Need some feedback on this one
Thanks

anyone upgraded from miui 14 stable to hyperos without formating data ?

I currently have last miui 14 stable installed with twrp installed, my question is can I install newer twrp for andriod 14 and then install hyperos without formatting data, although I feel I want to do clean install format data and start with Hyperos just to give battery and system clean start no residue from older rom

Did you update with no issues? I can try tomorrow morning
I didn't update yet but from what i experienced from the last few years, dirty flash(aka: upgrade without data format) is not a bad thing unless mentioned in install instructions.
Of course if you want to reset everything up and start fresh you can go ahead and format but that backup restore process takes a bit of a time and energy

I have an spare older phone mi9t, and Mi 11 is my main phone Think im just gonna set everything up on older phone and then do clean install hyperos on mi11 interested to see if notice any battery difference

I currently have twrp installed A13 one, if I install hyperos via Fastboot first_install_with_data_format will that also remove the installed TWRP ?

Last edited:
Reactions: kearmau5
I have an spare older phone mi9t, and Mi 11 is my main phone Think im just gonna set everything up on older phone and then do clean install hyperos on mi11 interested to see if notice any battery difference

I currently have twrp installed A13 one, if I install hyperos via Fastboot first_install_with_data_format will that also remove the installed TWRP ?
No, first of all the rom is equiped with it's own twrp , second, twrp is in a separate own partition
Waiting for your feedback please, heard some guys experiencing random reboots in hyperos on some janky poco devices

Reactions: snow1
No, first of all the rom is equiped with it's own twrp , second, twrp is in a separate own partition
Waiting for your feedback please, heard some guys experiencing random reboots in hyperos on some janky poco devices
It works fine on Mi 11 venus with dirty flash. I went from 07.17 dev branch to HyperOS stable and it upgraded fine.

Much better performance, just make sure to leave it plugged in after upgrade to sort some things out. I would not go back to MIUI 14 after upgrade.
That's cool considering a dirty flash, nice
Waiting for the other friends to come up with their feedback

Did clean install via fastboot , pretty much all setup now . So far seems to be running great will see if any difference in battery

Reactions: kearmau5
Early days but battery seems slightly worse and this is after clean install

Maybe needs bedding in also noticed when I charged it to 100% before after maybe 20 mins plugged in the cable would show 0 Watts , I have cable that shows Watts

With this new update it never said 0 Watts even after 30 mins plugged in after reaching 100% just Watts bouncing around

Hoping this update is not using more power while phone is in idle

I replaced the battery few months ago which made good improvement after old battery was close to 3 years old

Will be interested to know others experience with this update with battery life difference

Last edited:
Dont forget to charge the battery between 15 to max 80%.It saves battery life and cycles. Full charging is one cycle. charging to 80% 0.3 cycle.

Battery is already small for sd888 chip and no ltpo , gonna struggle to make evening if charge only to 80% , I replaced battery not bothered about how long lifespan will be

Battery is already small for sd888 chip and no ltpo , gonna struggle to make evening if charge only to 80% , I replaced battery not bothered about how long lifespan will be
Lol yeah i am on 3rd battery easy to change. I chargr to 100% and leave it plugged in. I ordered another, no big deal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-18-11-22-54-466_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-18-11-22-54-466_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-edit.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: snow1