Redmi Note 12 Turbo vs Redmi Turbo 3

flexuser

Members
May 8, 2024
Hi, I'm planning to buy a new phone, a Chinese-based model, as they are cheaper than the global versions. I also plan on unlocking the bootloader for either of them. We all know how difficult it can be to unlock the HyperOS bootloader, so I'm planning on using a paid service to get it done quickly.

The Redmi Turbo 3 is a newer phone with a better CPU, but it doesn't have any custom ROMs or recovery options available yet, and it might not have any if Xiaomi decides not to release the AKA POCO F6. On the other hand, the Redmi Note 12 Turbo is very well supported by developers. The Redmi Turbo 3 is $75 more expensive than the Redmi Note 12 Turbo. So, what do you guys think? Which one should I buy?

Note 12 Turbo is POFO F5. It's very popular but it only have 2 years of software updates and one year already passed so for future updates you have to hope community will manage to port newer versions. Turbo 3 is rumoured to be released mid summer as POCO F6 so I advise to wait if you can. Turbo 3 has UFS 4.0 storage (it's reeeeaaaallllly fast), can have 16gb RAM and Snapdragon 8s gen 3 is almost twice as powerful as 7+gen 2. For gaming it's a beast. When Turbo 3 will get Xiaomi.eu it will be best cheap phone to have for games.

Personally I threw a bit more money to get Xiaomi 14 Pro with unlocked bootloader for better camera system, 1440p screen and USB 3.1. so now I have all in one device. Snapdragon 8gen3 gets pretty warm but I manages to maintain performance.

I got the Turbo 3 from China. Bootloader can be unlocked for free with the right tools, at least for now. I didn't try official unlock method with community app, but maybe that works too.

This phone is on another level for the price, feels like a flagship. Much better value than Note 12 Turbo imo. Now with unlocked bootloader I'm just waiting patiently for peridot support on Xiaomi.eu HyperOS ROM. :emoji_grin::emoji_fingers_crossed:

Reactions: Eclipse1991
Hi, I'm planning to buy a new phone, a Chinese-based model, as they are cheaper than the global versions. I also plan on unlocking the bootloader for either of them. We all know how difficult it can be to unlock the HyperOS bootloader, so I'm planning on using a paid service to get it done quickly.

The Redmi Turbo 3 is a newer phone with a better CPU, but it doesn't have any custom ROMs or recovery options available yet, and it might not have any if Xiaomi decides not to release the AKA POCO F6. On the other hand, the Redmi Note 12 Turbo is very well supported by developers. The Redmi Turbo 3 is $75 more expensive than the Redmi Note 12 Turbo. So, what do you guys think? Which one should I buy?
Just wait for the xiaomi.eu rom and twrp, thats the best you can do.

I got the Turbo 3 from China. Bootloader can be unlocked for free with the right tools, at least for now. I didn't try official unlock method with community app, but maybe that works too.

This phone is on another level for the price, feels like a flagship. Much better value than Note 12 Turbo imo. Now with unlocked bootloader I'm just waiting patiently for peridot support on Xiaomi.eu HyperOS ROM. :emoji_grin::emoji_fingers_crossed:
Interesting, free with the right tools, which ones?

went for POCO F6 if you want to use custom rom avoid the bootloader restriction and device support

Post the links so everyone benefits.
I'm not sure of the rules on this forum. And it could be unintended in which case sharing might end up getting it patched out. There's a PHP script and a settings APK, that should be enough for anyone to find it. The hardest part was getting the latest version of Mi Unlock because you can't get it from the official miui site anymore. Found it on filehippo though.

I'm not sure of the rules on this forum. And it could be unintended in which case sharing might end up getting it patched out. There's a PHP script and a settings APK, that should be enough for anyone to find it. The hardest part was getting the latest version of Mi Unlock because you can't get it from the official miui site anymore. Found it on filehippo though.
The script used is that of MlgmXyysd used for Cn devices having updated to HyperOS and for the settings apk it comes from:
currently no longer available but I have the zip.
The latest version of Miui Unlock is still available on the official website, here:

The latest version of Miui Unlock is still available on the official website, here:
That's not the latest version. You need version 7. It doesn't work with version 6 from the official website. Kinda weird to be sharing incorrect information like it's fact.

That's not the latest version. You need version 7. It doesn't work with version 6 from the official website. Kinda weird to be sharing incorrect information like it's fact.
This is the official site now if there is another official one, post the link.
Your posts are without links, isn't that what's weird and you say that this phone is an exception, why, because you read it or saw it on You Tube?

Reactions: flexuser
This is the official site now if there is another official one, post the link.
Your posts are without links, isn't that what's weird and you say that this phone is an exception, why, because you read it or saw it on You Tube?
I have the phone and unlocked it, so I actually know what I'm talking about. Not posting random links when you're new to a forum is like internet 101. I've shared enough information for anyone who wants to do it.

In case you haven't kept up, Xiaomi is deprecating their Mi Unlock tool in favour of unlocking with their new community app. That's why you can't update it from the official site anymore. It only works now with this exploit which might stop working at some point.

I have the phone and unlocked it, so I actually know what I'm talking about. Not posting random links when you're new to a forum is like internet 101. I've shared enough information for anyone who wants to do it.

In case you haven't kept up, Xiaomi is deprecating their Mi Unlock tool in favour of unlocking with their new community app. That's why you can't update it from the official site anymore. It only works now with this exploit which might stop working at some point.
I think it's you who didn't understand, the community app is only used to have permission and check that you have a Global version and then you have to use MIUI Unlock.

I think it's you who didn't understand, the community app is only used to have permission and check that you have a Global version and then you have to use MIUI Unlock.
Maybe I'm mistaken, I recall reading something like this in a Xiaomi announcement when I was searching. All I know is the one from the official site gives an error, and when you try to update it from the app it sends you to a dead link. Once I updated to version 7 it worked without any issues.

This is video of the unlocking bootloader of redmi turbo 3
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
The links of script and the settings.apk are inside

I just installed the Xiaomi Community app, through the Google Play Store, under the "ME" section (on the bottom right corner), there is the option "Unlock bootloader".
On there you can read a perfect separation between (a) phones who were launched with HyperOS, and (b) phones which upgraded (from MIUI) to HyperOS.

As previously mentioned, Xiaomi want to shift towards this method, and:
1. Only "some members" will be able to unlock their bootloaders (whatever that means);
2. Only accounts outside the Mainland China can unlock their bootloaders (I hope this does not translate into phones sold in Mainland China);
3. You will need to reapply upon the expiration period (e.g., for another phone);
4. Only up to 3 devices can be unlocked (per account);
5. The Xiaomi Community app is the only (official) way to unlock the bootloader.

The page points to this address:

Moreover:
6. The account must exist (or even be in use) for more than 30 days;
7. There is a limited number of accounts who are granted permission per day.

Hence, Xiaomi is, once again, challenging the community.
I bought the (just launched) Poco F6 only because Xaiomi themselves said that we could unlock the bootloader without voiding the warranty.

Let's wait and see...

Attachments

• 1716821453757.jpg
    1716821453757.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
I just installed the Xiaomi Community app, through the Google Play Store, under the "ME" section (on the bottom right corner), there is the option "Unlock bootloader".
On there you can read a perfect separation between (a) phones who were launched with HyperOS, and (b) phones which upgraded (from MIUI) to HyperOS.

1. Only "some members" will be able to unlock their bootloaders (whatever that means);
2. Only accounts outside the Mainland China can unlock their bootloaders (I hope this does not translate into phones sold in Mainland China);
3. You will need to reapply upon the expiration period (e.g., for another phone);
5. The Xiaomi Community app is the only (official) way to unlock the bootloader.
Nothing new, this only works for Global devices like the Poco F6 and for Cn devices even if the account is elsewhere than in China, the device remains Cn.
This is a government decision and not Xiaomi's.

The page points to this address:

Moreover:
6. The account must exist (or even be in use) for more than 30 days;
7. There is a limited number of accounts who are granted permission per day.

Hence, Xiaomi is, once again, challenging the community.
I bought the (just launched) Poco F6 only because Xaiomi themselves said that we could unlock the bootloader without voiding the warranty.

Let's wait and see...
They might make it difficult to unlock Chinese phones now, but nowhere do they say unlocking it will void your warranty. Xiaomi has famously allowed unlocking the bootloader without voiding the warranty. They don't have a hardware counter like some other phones, so if you flash the stock rom and re-lock the bootloader there's literally no way to tell that you ever unlocked it. So this just isn't a concern with Xiaomi phones.

Hello, can you confirm the EU ROM will have "true" Always ON Display on F6/Turbo 3? Now it's only 10 sec AOD and I hate this stupid limitation, that doesn't exist on "F6 pro" version (the same limitation is on X6 Pro!).