[2014-07-08] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0

Yes you can.
Isn't there a replacement glass? Because trashing a phone due to a simple thing like a broken glass sounds crazy :p

Hi m1cha,
Could you update your recovery to support the new aosp 4.4 kitkt rom?
Thank you in advance

Enviado desde mi MI 2 mediante Tapatalk
Recovery don't need to be update to flash 4.4 roms

Sent from my MI 2(s) using Tapatalk

Does ivan's rom contain CWM or why is this a problem?(that would be stupid)
I think he meant that the ROM doesn't support TDB for some reason.

Does ivan's rom contain CWM or why is this a problem?(that would be stupid)
I think he meant that the ROM doesn't support TDB for some reason.
That recovery doesn't support tdb or system-partition flash choose, and it have a lot of bugs wiping /data, so it's unsafe....

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

The CWM provided by Ivan with her is not DualBoot

Envoyé de mon MI 2S en utilisant Tapatalk

then just delete this stupid recovery from ivan's rom.
In my opinion a a ROM should never ever contain any recovery(except stock roms from manufacturer) because the user can choose whatever recovery he wants to use. And if the user wants TWRP i.e. and the rom overwrites it with CWM it is very annoying.

@kekkojoker90: what do you mean? CWM reflashes touchscreen firmware already. but latest cm10.2 roms don't have the firmware bug anymore.

In my opinion a a ROM should never ever contain any recovery(except stock roms from manufacturer) because the user can choose whatever recovery he wants to use. And if the user wants TWRP i.e. and the rom overwrites it with CWM it is very annoying.

@kekkojoker90: what do you mean? CWM reflashes touchscreen firmware already. but latest cm10.2 roms don't have the firmware bug anymore.
Yes you're right but with your I think that we can't flash... I'm downloading the ROM, and I'm going to analyze the script to get know why we need that recovery....

Reactions: hvung1982

yeah i know but i misunderstood your words :p

I think the recovery is needed to do this script line well: set_metadata_recursive...
i don´t know if m1cha´s recovery support those commands.

if that is the problem, we can flash the new recovry, then flash the rom and go back to m1cha´s recovery, then we can enable TDB.

Edit: i can confirm that the problem are those new commands: set_metadata and set_metadata_recursive

Last edited:
Yes so do I, i found this, so if @M1cha add set_metadata_recursive and set_metadata edify commands, will be great ;)

This mean that we don't need to stay with ivan's recovery, we can disabe TDB and re enable it again later ;)
I'l try this now
Code:
flash same rom on both partitions
backup partition 1+2
reboot
copy backup on pc
set $backup=yes
DISABLE tdb
set $TDB=no
if $TDB=no : flash recovery ivan
set $recovery=Ivan
reboot
reboot recovery
flash kitkat rom
boot rom
flash m1cha recovery
set $recovery=M1cha
Enable Tdb
set $TDB=yes
check if system 0 and 1 boot
done

Last edited:
Reactions: deini
Last edited:
Tested, Everything works well enjoyng Kitkat and cm 10.2 with TDB ;)
Can you share that recovery ? or give us simple steps to do retain TDB after flashing 4.4 by Ivan ?
It is too technical to follow each steps as discussed above in the posts...
I hope you understand from noob perspective...
awaiting ur assistance...

yeah man.
i already made a fork from m1cha´s recovery and applied the new changes but i don´t have time to compile the recovery. So if someone could compile it it would be great.

here are the sources: https://github.com/bihariel/android_bootable_recovery
https://github.com/bihariel/android_bootable_recovery
[GUIDE] Build CWM recovery:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2132672

Has anyone compiled and test that recovery?

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk