New Be careful with MiFlash

jstremmler

Members
Jun 12, 2019
Yesterday , I had a complete crash when updating to version 20.5.7 Rom. Flashing went fine, but during the reboot phase my Mi 9 was rebooting and rebooting again. Recovery was destroyed, so first I tried to flash with fastboot and MiFlash the original firmware, but always got an error during flashing. In these Coronavirus times I had built a new extremely fast desktop PC (faster than 99% on ths planet) with USB 3.1 interfaces only . Nothing worked so I finally had the idea to use my old PC with USB 2.0 interfaces and MiFlash. On my old PC flashing worked fine and I could install the original firmware and TWRP in the recovery. Next I recovered with TWRP my backup via OTG from a SD-card and the flashed the new EU Rom from 20.5.7. Was quite a journey... So the message is: Be careful when flashing with MiFlash on USB 3.1 ports, maybe they are not as compliant as claimed.

Yesterday , I had a complete crash when updating to version 20.5.7 Rom. Flashing went fine, but during the reboot phase my Mi 9 was rebooting and rebooting again. Recovery was destroyed, so first I tried to flash with fastboot and MiFlash the original firmware, but always got an error during flashing. In these Coronavirus times I had built a new extremely fast desktop PC (faster than 99% on ths planet) with USB 3.1 interfaces only . Nothing worked so I finally had the idea to use my old PC with USB 2.0 interfaces and MiFlash. On my old PC flashing worked fine and I could install the original firmware and TWRP in the recovery. Next I recovered with TWRP my backup via OTG from a SD-card and the flashed the new EU Rom from 20.5.7. Was quite a journey... So the message is: Be careful when flashing with MiFlash on USB 3.1 ports, maybe they are not as compliant as claimed.
many thanks for sharing your experience.
We, old folks, know that about USB3 plug for more than 10 years.