New Can't transfer photos on Redmi Note 12 after update

Neysee

Members
Feb 9, 2024
Hi, I have a Redmi Note 12, and until recently I was able to transfer photos via USB to a Windows 10 PC by simply connecting the USB C cable, enabling file transfer mode and just copying the photos within Windows Explorer.

No the phone updated to HyperOS 1.0.2.0.UMGEUXM with Android 14UKQ1.230917.001 and I'm not able to transfer photos anymore. I connect the cable and select File Transfer/Android Auto. I see the internal storage in Windows Explorer under My Computer, Redmi 12. I may navigate there, I may even copy files from folders with few files. But when I navigate to DCIM, Camera, it starts listing the file names of all my photos (IMG_yyyymmdd...), starts showing thumbnails of the first photos, but then it will load forever, temporarily freezing, eventually stopping to load thumbnails, and whenever I want to copy a photo, it will tell the device is unavailable.

I have this behaviour with 3 different Win10 PCs, 2 different USB cables, so I'm pretty sure it's the phone and it is perfectly correlated with the update.

Does anyone know what to do?

Hi, I have a Redmi Note 12, and until recently I was able to transfer photos via USB to a Windows 10 PC by simply connecting the USB C cable, enabling file transfer mode and just copying the photos within Windows Explorer.

No the phone updated to HyperOS 1.0.2.0.UMGEUXM with Android 14UKQ1.230917.001 and I'm not able to transfer photos anymore. I connect the cable and select File Transfer/Android Auto. I see the internal storage in Windows Explorer under My Computer, Redmi 12. I may navigate there, I may even copy files from folders with few files. But when I navigate to DCIM, Camera, it starts listing the file names of all my photos (IMG_yyyymmdd...), starts showing thumbnails of the first photos, but then it will load forever, temporarily freezing, eventually stopping to load thumbnails, and whenever I want to copy a photo, it will tell the device is unavailable.

I have this behaviour with 3 different Win10 PCs, 2 different USB cables, so I'm pretty sure it's the phone and it is perfectly correlated with the update.

Does anyone know what to do?
Hi, I have same issue on my phone , in my eyes it is a bug :emoji_slight_frown: Is there anyone to forward this question to the developer ?