how to install Magisk on Xiaomi 13 - fuxi

cypher

Members
Sep 9, 2012
hi all.
just received my Xiaomi 13 - fuxi and waited 168h to unlock bootloader.
I'm in the phase of installing and setupping everything, so I wondered how to install magisk and obtain root privileges on this very smatphone with the latest hyperOS weekly running on it.
I have found some threads and internet pages showing how to do it, but I ended up doing it myself and wanted to share the process I have found 100% working. no TWRP needed in these steps:

1. extract ROM .zip file and move init_boot.img + boot.img on your phone
2. install magisk latest release APK from here
3. open Magisk, press Install on the top right corner -> Select and patch a file -> navigate into your phone memory and select init_boot.img file
4. when done, open File Explorer app, locate the patched init_boot image file created by Magisk into Download folder, then rename it to init_boot_patched.img
5. repeat step 3, but this time you have to select boot.img file
6. when done, open File Explorer app, locate the patched boot image file created by Magisk into Download folder, then rename it to boot_patched.img
7. move out of your phone both img files, init_boot_patched and boot_patched, then paste them into fastboot folder [the one on your windows PC with fastboot.exe file in it]
8. power off phone, wait 20 seconds, then go into fastboot mode by pressing volume down and power button simultaneously
9. when in fastboot mode, connect phone to your PC via USB cable
10. open a command line session inside fastboot folder on your PC
11. type this into CMD:
Code:
fastboot flash init_boot init_boot_patched.img
fastboot flash boot_ab boot_patched.img
12. if both commands end up flawlessly, then it's safe to reboot phone with:
Code:
fastboot reboot
13. phone starts up with Magisk installed and running. when you open Magisk app for the first time, you'll be prompted to install additional files required by magisk to properly work. just go ahead installing it, magisk will reboot your phone and you're done.

some useful links:
fastboot .zip: https://provider.xiaomi.eu/tools/fastboot.zip
magisk: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/

Attachments

• fastboot.png
    fastboot.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited: