Chinese Hardware questions for 5G band +GPay

SaLtF1sh

Members
Oct 24, 2023
Hi guys, I have a CN version 13 Ultra and I live in the U.S. right now using T-Mobile.

1. 5G band
I'm unable to use 5G data network here with 13 Ultra, even though the OVERRIDE NETWORK TYPE shows "NR_NSA" on the "phone info" (can be accessed by entering *#*#4636#*#* on the dialer), but 5G (NSA) works great with the same SIM card in my RedMagic 8 Pro(Global).
CN device seems to have lack of N7/N20 band compared to Global device, according to the official website. I would like to ask whether the band lack comes from hardware limit or software lock? If the reason is software one, is it possible to unlock it by unlocking BL(which is already done) and flashing non-CN version firmware?
I haven't tested 5G on xiaomu.eu & EEA version, please let me know if someone has tried and be aware of it.

2. GPay
I'm using official stable version but rooted. Play Integrity(SafetyNet) Check is passed with Basic, and GPay works great, thanks to great Magisk modules.
However if I changed to xiaomi.eu version, GPay doesn't work no matter what. Play Integrity Check is not passed by default mi.eu firmware, but it can still be bypassed thanks to the Magisk modules. Warnings from GPay/Google Wallet when adding my cards, are kind of "not meeting the requirements" or "Please contact to your provider" something like these, I don't remember (forgot to take a screenshot).
I noticed that xiaomi.eu version changed the device fingerprint (of Pixel 2 one? idk, in order to pass SafetyNet), which from my perspective is just the major difference between CN and eu version that will affect the GPay.
Is it possible to undo the fingerprint change, or is there any other solution to make GPay work on xiaomi.eu + CN device?

Would appreciate so much if anybody could help answer those weird questions.

Attachments

• IMG_20231107_001939.jpg
    IMG_20231107_001939.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20231107_002038.jpg
    IMG_20231107_002038.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 136
Anyone can help this problem? Is it possible to make it happen to support N7 band by software substitution? And how to restore the original fingerprint for mi.eu firmware?