[dev] Opensource (multiboot) Bootloader: Efidroid (formerly Grub4android)

The screenshots you saw were UI design only. I still need to make it functional.
What do you mean with framebuffer?

loader and kernel-side linux can be taught to display a console when loading drivers+services , the question was: have you tried that?

the linux is useless?
There are a lot of ways to get logs. No need of useless code for a log. Most users will fund this useless. This is for everyone, not for devs. If u cannot live without ure free to fork and edit grub4android.

GRUB is fully functional but what else do you want to do with GRUB? the whole purpose of grub is multiboot(even on computers). Also framebuffer console is a kernel feature not a bootloader one.

Reactions: linuxx
and you should enable-it from kernel init paramaters, have you tried making this? that was my first question in few words

you can't do that via the kernel command line. you need to enable fbcon in the kernel config(drivers/video/console/) and you need a fbcon driver that is compatible with your hardware. (which we don't have)

i'm coming fom a linux phone to a cippled linux one *(android) with higher hardware specs , for me the loader *(in my case u-boot) was used for booting different OS-es (arch , ubuntu , mer, and a fail-safe one on sd-card ),now the grub ''thing'' used for multibooting android roms seems weird to me

Reactions: cbpbxecmecmbeh